Givenchy Pre-Fall 2019

Is it just me or does Clare continuously deliver her best work during in-seasons? Somehow her Pre-Fall and Resort collections are much more focused and well edited and consist of intricate pieces that look finished and dreamy to me. There is so much I want here, which hasn't been the case with what I see in her runway shows.

It looks too Dior by Raf Simons. Like stuck in 2013.

Balenciaga+Céline (and some Saint Laurent) with a Givenchy tag.

She is good at doing Eveningwear & fake fur.
This is disposable....
I went to the store the other day and i was disappointed. The amount of logo pieces is insane (during Riccardo's tenure, it wasn't that much) and the pieces are not distinctive enough.
I think CK by Raf is more distinctive in terms of separates than this.

No for me! The Givenchy magic is gone for me...

She is good at doing Eveningwear & fake fur.
This is disposable....
I went to the store the other day and i was disappointed. The amount of logo pieces is insane (during Riccardo's tenure, it wasn't that much) and the pieces are not distinctive enough.
I think CK by Raf is more distinctive in terms of separates than this.

No for me! The Givenchy magic is gone for me...

Glad to read that because we had a conversation my dear when I was vividly criticizing Givenchy and you were defending it. Now you opened your eyes :evil:

Her clothes are nice but they lack an identity. I wouldn’t spend the amount of money they cost for just perfectly fine clothes. I see no reason to spend on logo pieces when the brand lacks an image. Some of this is Phoebe/Céline lite and the presentation of it seems disingenuous.

I’ll stick to Tisci pieces on the resell market for Givenchy right now.

It's all just too tasteful.

As others have mentioned, in multiple threads of Clare's...her Givenchy really lacks an identity...a purpose, a meaning, a perspective. What do these clothes say about anything?

But maybe that's exactly the point. I think we all - unfortunately - have to check our expectations of what big designer houses are supposed to look like these days. I think the majority of these companies are perfectly happy to have their collections look like COS.

Which is not to say, one should be thrilled that that's the case...but it is what it is.

Is gonna be hard for her now the Riccardo is back. This is not offensive, but is VERY forgettable. The only I like is this skirt, it gives something, but could be only the styling that is doing it.

Her clothes are very polished and luxurious, however you won't survive outside doing just this, this not Bally, its Givenchy. Unfortunately Ms. Clare maybe is one more of these cases of smoking and mirrors... Well MGC is there to prove that you dont have to deliver to keep the boss chair, so.. :zorro:

I always get confused between this brand and Valentino

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thtrfh65
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->