Givenchy Resort 2010

classicalbang

shake off your flesh
Reaction score
For Givenchy’s pre-spring collection, Riccardo Tisci set off for North Africa and melded its exotica with the hard Goth glamour for which he is known.

Draped white silk pants were paired with a sharp peplum jacket with gold embroidery, while sequins and coins were used as dangling jewelry or shimmered around the collar of a chiffon dress. Paisley prints came in muted colors, while the new Melancholia bag is a black-and-white version of a folkloric style you might spot in a Marrakech souk.
2r3vz1g.jpg
35bz5e1.jpg

11ugmj7.jpg
25rmo2u.jpg

1zg885u.jpg

wwd.com

Drapes, light colors, golden accessories and amazing shoes... So chic, so modern and so Parisian at the same time. I fall in love with every Tisci's collection and this one is not an exception.

i need more.

Me too. I was bummed when I saw there were only five photos on WWD. At least all of them are gorgeous... for some reason I fall in love with everything Tisci does in white.

dude i seriously cannot get enough of this man! soo good..

This looks promising, both for the rest of the resort collection and hopefully as a precursor to S/S.

Me too. I was bummed when I saw there were only five photos on WWD. At least all of them are gorgeous... for some reason I fall in love with everything Tisci does in white.

EXACTLY!!! Don't water my mouth and not give me my meal!!

a true distillation of tisci

i love this because it's not only so representative of everything tisci has brought to the table for this house, but because all of this white and gold reminds me of the old mcqueen givenchy from so long ago....

(firstview.com)

Attachments

• 00044.jpg
    00044.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 5
Not feeling it so far. Especially not the all-over print. The accessories look cheap and the outfits all seem a little lazy. Hopefully the rest of the collection is of better quality.

I love the draping. But it looks like stuff you'd fine in Vintage shops. It's still beautiful though.
That print on Ranya's suit........not diggin' it.

looks promising:smile: i need more:P and the last look, the suiting with prints, beautiful.

Beautiful pieces minus the last outfit, not feeling the models though :ermm:

don't like it

what's with resort epidemic this year? rather unnecessary

I like the first look and I'm loving the gold accessories.
Those loose-into-tight black trousers have potential.

Love the pops of gold in the shoes and accessories, and the 3rd white dress with the sheer, draped fabric is love. I love everything Tisci does, so I may be biased :blush: I must see more.

this is wonderful :heart:
Tisci is a master.

I want more though, there will be more, right?..

Love this, so good.
He never sends out a bad collection, love it when he works with white!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->