Givenchy Resort 2010

I always find Tisci's pre-spring and pre-fall collections to be better then his runway presentations. Maybe it's because he tones it down, maybe he is more focused. Possibly it is directed by a deputy, whatever it is this is great.

src: style.com

01my.jpg
02m.jpg

03mr.jpg
04mt.jpg

05ma.jpg
06m.jpg

07mn.jpg
08m.jpg

09mp.jpg
10mzgn.jpg

I like it but a lot of it is recycled, no? I see Fall 2007 gold embellishments, Spring 2008 shoes, Fall 2008 catholicism / gold chains.

Seems like a "best of" collection to me.

^I had the same impression, the title Best Of suits perfectly. I like it very much though, I'm really appreciating Riccardo's work for Givechy more and more with every collection.

Tisci is a genius of using white and black with golden embroideries
and this collection is sheer beautiful and ethereal, while we can still find some tough vibe in it, brilliant.
Tisci's every collection works on me :heart:

It's good in parts, and I like the strong use of white. But then there are things that I hate, the zouave pants, the prints, that key lime pie green at the end (though I don't know if I hate it on it's own or if I hate the impact of it against the white wall). Still, it's pretty good.

that green is magical. it's funny that he's doing a little more of that yves klein blue since it showed up at akris as well.

I think the review is needed to give a clearer look of why this collection is like a "best of" Givenchy by Ricardo T.

NEW YORK, June 16, 2009

By Nicole Phelps

The cult of Givenchy now includes Michael Jackson; the gloved one's been snapped by the paparazzi in Riccardo Tisci's studded jackets. It's not necessarily the kind of endorsement that PR companies go after, but the designer is tickled by the association. By coincidence, he's launching a greatest-hits capsule collection called Redux of his signature white blouses and lightweight studded pieces that will be slightly less expensive than his regular offerings. Key looks in Tisci's glam pre-spring lineup, which skews more North African than his recent Wild West and South American journeys, include draped minidresses accented with gold coin necklaces, a gold sequin strapless dress topped by a black tux jacket, and drop-crotch Moroccan pants worn with a soft white blouse or a trim navy jacket. Tailoring in white stretch piqué, meanwhile, is a preview of what he's planning for his Paris show in October.

I like the drapey pieces, the b/w enembles and overall everything except the studded pieces which colors looks incredible tacky, and are far from balanced as in the fall 07 collection or the chic full on stud of FW09, these are just an attempt to join the Rock chick look that dominates right now.

I guess I like it. There are certainly pieces I like in here, but I don't like it quite as much as his safari Resort 2008 collection. That has been my favorite Givenchy in-between season collection.

oh my..the white, black, and last green looks are heavenly!
love the accessories :crush:

A lot of it is unoriginal. Its been taken from the Givenchy archives....Fall 2007, Fall 2008. But it IS beautiful none the less.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->