"Glee" Star Cory Monteith Dies At Age 31

He left the world too young, never watched a single episode of the show but that doesn't mean I can't feel for him.

^ Me too, I've never watched a whole episode, in fact, I despise Glee. But from what's been said now that he's died, he seemed like a nice person by all accounts. He obviously really tried to battle his addictions rather than glorify them. It is very sad that he died so young. Apparently his mother is/was a single-mother with two boys. It must be very hard for them.

Sad news. Rest in peace.

I did not even know that he had addiction.
Did it start before Glee or during his Glee time?

^He had it in his teenage years but he also went (again) to rehab in April this year.

From all that I've read/heard, he was battling addiction at 19 or maybe even before that. I think his parents were getting divorced at that time too. His mother staged an intervention for him and he ended up going to rehab. He was clean for a long time and recently had a relapse which led him to check into rehab again earlier this year.

He seemed like a great person. I didn't know about his early struggle with drugs, I just heard about his rehab this year, but when he got out of it he seemed fine, and very responsible and brave about it. What is awful is that he tweeted hours before he passed away, seemed ok and everything, and died alone. This whole story is just sad. I don't even know how I can watch the next season of glee now, it would be too sad and weird.

I never cared about Glee but this is sad news
Hopefully it will remind some people (viewers of the show) that drug does kill
it's a shame to leave so young
condolences to family, friends and fans.

The Daily Mail is reporting that the police revealed 'there was nothing to indicate his death was due to drugs'. (article here)

This is so confusing and sad... :cry:

so sad. :( I've never met him but I know people who are friends with him and they always told me how sweet and nice he was. Taken too young and sudden.... I hope he rests in peace.

According to TMZ, he died from heroin and alcohol :
Cory Monteith died from a lethal combination of heroin and alcohol ... this according to Canadian authorities.

The British Columbia Coroners Service says an autopsy and toxicological analysis show that the 31-year-old "Glee" star died on from a "mixed drug toxicity, involving heroin and alcohol."

Monteith's body was discovered by staffers at the Fairmont Pacific Rim hotel in Vancouver, Canada on July 13.

Monteith had struggled with addiction for years and had been to rehab earlier this year.

Monteith had said he began struggling with drugs and alcohol as a young teenager.

Story developing ...

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2013/07/16/cory-monteith-heroin-alcohol-cause-of-death/#ixzz2ZFJEGEU2
Visit Fishwrapper: http://www.fishwrapper.com

What an awful story, I feel so sad for Lea.

^ And CNN has reported the same.

Such a sad and tragic loss. Condolences to his family and friends.

This is indeed very sad.
I cant imagine what his family and Lea are going through.
I would stop breathing.

This was such shocking news, when I heard of it a few nights ago. I am so so sad, and Glee will not be the same without him. My sister was lucky to have met him in Vancouver. RIP Cory Monteith. :cry::(

It started with Finn and it was going to end with him...
Cory Monteith Was Supposed to Be in Final Scene of 'Glee'

"Glee" creator Ryan Murphy revealed that he knew from the series' beginning just how the show was going to end: with Cory Monteith. Sharing an excerpt from the eulogy he gave at a private memorial service for Monteith, who died earlier this year at age 31, Murphy said, "For me, Cory was both the beginning and the ending of 'Glee' … literally."

"The ending of 'Glee' is something I have never shared with anyone, but I always knew it," Murphy said in the eulogy that was first delivered in July and is printed in the latest issue of Entertainment Weekly. "I've always relied on it as a source of comfort, a North Star."

At the end of season 6, Lea [Michele]'s Rachel was going to have become a big Broadway star, the role she was born to play," he continued. "Finn was going to have become a teacher, settled down happily in Ohio, at peace with his choice and no longer feeling like a Lima loser. The very last line of dialogue was to be this: Rachel comes back to Ohio, fulfilled and yet not, and walks into Finn's glee club. 'What are you doing here?' he would ask. 'I'm home,' she would reply. Fade out. The end."

That all changed when Monteith, who played high school quarterback Finn Hudson, died July 31 in his Vancouver hotel room after mixing heroin and alcohol. Instead, the show filmed a tribute episode to Monteith, in which his fellow glee club members sing songs and say goodbye to Finn Hudson, whose cause of death was unknown in the show. Murphy, 48, also revealed how Monteith, who is in the first scene of the pilot, was in many ways the heart of the show, a "natural leader" of the cast who welcomed new members to the show and "reaped the most respect."

"From the beginning Cory and I had a father-son relationship, which at that time I have to admit I did not want. I didn't know how to do that," Murphy said. "But Cory - from a broken home, a lost boy - needed a male figure to provide guidance, support, a direction. In retrospect, Cory was kind of my training wheels for becoming the father I am today with my own child."

Though Monteith had "a lot of unfulfilled dreams," "longed for more adult material, to prove himself as an actor" and "wanted to direct," Murphy said, he will remain "frozen in a moment."

"For generations of children, future impressionable young people who will watch his indelible character of Finn Hudson, he will always be that quarterback-a person who champions the underdog, fights the bullies, loves for the exact right reasons," Murphy said. "Cory will continue to change lives for the better. It is a rare gift to touch the lives of one person, let alone millions."

gma.yahoo.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CupcakesTulip
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->