Glenda Bailey Departs Harper’s Bazaar *Update June 2020* Samira Nasr Announced As Replacement

vogue28

Mod Squad Team Leader
Staff member
Reaction score
More on Glenda Bailey’s exit from Harper’s Bazaar, and becoming Global Consultant:

Well hello, let's celebrate that!

I mean this was so long overdue. And judging by the dry announcement and the vague "next step" role, she was definitely squeezed out.

Now, absolute dream scenario for me is Stephen Mooallem stepping in (he's still at Hearst right?) and bringing the old Interview crew in. Probably far fetched but would be fantastic. Ariel Foxman would be nice too. Lucy Yeomans is lunching that app so probably not a possibility...

Today the forum will CELEBRATE!!!!....better late than never i guess...I just wish a new (good) era for HB...it deserves it...Ariel Foxman would be a perfect choice...

c81209c0991dd1957c84f4e1206cdf0c.gif

Celebrate good times, come on! :mohawk::mohawk::mohawk:

WOO HOO!

In the past few years, very few big-name magazines have improved under a new editor. I'll celebrate six months into any new regime.

Likewise! I have very low expectations of magazines these days. It’s like they’re walking skeletons at this point. Regardless the news made my day! Finally!! I doubt they will bring any high profile editor. The budget is not there anymore. Hopefully they’ll let the web team take over. The website has better written content and fashion features than the magazine has had in ages.

Even though I pretty much disliked Glenda's Bazaar, all these updates in the print industry remind me of that saying about rats and sinking ships...

In the past few years, very few big-name magazines have improved under a new editor. I'll celebrate six months into any new regime.

Precisely, and even though I stopped buying American Harper's Bazaar years ago and haven't been compelled to buy an issue since - Glenda's tenure at Bazaar hasn't always been at total rock bottom.

Let the guessing game as to who will be Bailey's replacement commence! My immediate thought was Carine Roitfeld! She's been the main suspect for a number of years, right? Laura Brown back at Bazaar? Who knows!

So both the British and American editions are due a new editor...

Not to be so vicious, but if she's stepping down as the magazine's EIC means that we're getting a new art direction and format then I'm HAPPY with it.

Harper's Bazaar USA right now is too behind from its rival fashion magazine titles in my opinion. It's like it was stuck in the early 2000s in terms of cover photographs (and what pisses me off is that there were other photos that could have made a solid cover but they did not choose it), as well as its rough design.

Hopefully, her successor will be brave enough to take risks and revive HB. For a magazine that uses "the first and last word in fashion" as its trademark, the people who are in charge of it should know how to be innovative.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->