Glenda Bailey Departs Harper’s Bazaar *Update June 2020* Samira Nasr Announced As Replacement

My dream: Fabien Baron, Karl Templer, Carine Roitfeld, Kate Lanphear, Kristina O’Neil

But I think will be another dark horse from Hearst just like Nina and Aya.

Oh my God, could it be...?

My absolute worst nightmare would be both the British and American editions of Harper’s Bazaar working as one, under one sole editor. Ugh!

It’s already enough that Elle share their collections stories this month, which of course could be an indication and insight into the imminent future of Hearst titles.

My absolute worst nightmare would be both the British and American editions of Harper’s Bazaar working as one, under one sole editor. Ugh!

It’s already enough that Elle share their collections stories this month, which of course could be an indication and insight into the imminent future of Hearst titles.

I don’t think so. Bazaar UK is a big brand.
Elle is lost in both US and UK

Today the forum will CELEBRATE!!!!....better late than never i guess...I just wish a new (good) era for HB...it deserves it...Ariel Foxman would be a perfect choice...

Foxman!!! He would be absolutely amazing at Bazaar.

I’m happy. From 2002 to 2007/2008, her Bazaar was good. Not extraordinary but she did well in her lane...Then, it became just cheesy and from cheesy, it became ridiculous!

I definitely see Carine taking over...
She is single, she is spending a lot of her time in the US and despite being respected and earning a lot of money with Tom Ford and Karl Lagerfeld, she doesn’t have the prestige or the power of an EIC. And she has worked a lot in the US and is familiar with the market.
I’m not a fan of the idea but If Fabien Baron and Karl Templer are involved, why not.
She is the only one, in terms of star quality that can compete with Anna. The Icons parties are not the Met Gala but, it’s enough I guess.

See Stefano, this is how you edit gracefully a publication!
I don’t think Glenda had more impact than Schulman and Tonchi but she got the best exit. Global Consultant is a nice spot! Good girl!

OMG. I never thought I'd see the day.

To be honest, even amidst the mire of utter tripe Glenda's produced, particularly latterly, at least US Bazaar always gave us 'so bad it's good' in spades. I will never forget the "Sarah Jessica Parker possessed by an alien" cover of October 2015 :lol:!

Of course I want Fabien and Karl (please please please please!!!) to take over but it won't happen I suspect, partly because FB has already worked at Bazaar and probably wouldn't want to do something he's already touched (although two stints at Interview I suppose...), moreover I think he'd have to have it be sold to him with a (digital?) twist to interest him. I am still getting major withdrawal issues from not seeing any more Templer editorials though, awful!

Somehow I'd be intrigued to see what Carine does with the magazine, providing she's willing to actually make an effort. She (still) has the clout and let's remember that virtually no top snappers are working for Vogue anymore so maybe she could finally rope them back in after her ousting from VP. Yeomans would've also been good. Although I didn't always love Porter, she could deliver a sophisticated, elevated product.

Not sure, it'll probably be some deer in the headlights unknown who takes over though :judge:!

Such great news.

As for her replacement, no one from her team should succeed her. They were all part and parcel of the mess Glenda made. It should be an outsider like Nina to Elle.

Dreading the day Carine gets the job. The woman should step away from magazines and find herself. She’s long overdue of an eat pray and love moment.

I also agree with Tiger though. Editorship changes no longer excited me. The last time a new editor delivered was Nina’s Elle. The rest were all fluff, 0 substance.

Someone inside Hearst is a very possible choice, because would be cheaper for them to promote someone than to hire outside the company.

I definitely see Carine taking over...
She is single, she is spending a lot of her time in the US and despite being respected and earning a lot of money with Tom Ford and Karl Lagerfeld, she doesn’t have the prestige or the power of an EIC. And she has worked a lot in the US and is familiar with the market.
I’m not a fan of the idea but If Fabien Baron and Karl Templer are involved, why not.
She is the only one, in terms of star quality that can compete with Anna.
Plus she loves a conflict of interest, watch things get ‘innocently’ mixed up with Bazaar loans finding their way into CR..

Plus she loves a conflict of interest, watch things get ‘innocently’ mixed up with Bazaar loans finding their way into CR..
I think people are less forgiving regarding that in the US than in France. So if she gets an offer, it means no more styling for Max Mara, Tom Ford and Karl Lagerfeld...
CR Fashion book is an embarrassment and CR Studio basically doesn’t have any talent except her.

For now I’m just happy the cheesy covers era ends now. I was tired of seeing Aliens (the insane photoshop makes celebs look like aliens) smiling with a blue background.

Speaking exclusively to WWD, Bailey said she thought about stepping down two years ago when the magazine celebrated its 150th birthday, but she had a couple more things on her to-do list: Lighting up the Empire State Building with fashion photography, which she did for the title’s anniversary, and an Arts Decoratifs exhibition.

“To have an exhibition at such a prestigious museum, which has always been my favorite, is the best compliment I could ever give to my team,” Bailey said in an interview. “I love Bazaar. It’s always been my favorite magazine and the most inspirational.”

Now she wishes to apply her expertise to growing the magazine’s business. “What I love the most is finding solutions to creative and business problems,” she said.

Asked if stepping down was a move into semi-retirement, she retorted: “I have so many ideas, and I’m hardly the retiring type in every sense of the word. I’ll always continue doing something as long as it gives me pleasure. I’m so passionate about the industry.”

Bailey said one of her proudest achievement is training up people in fashion, noting that more than 15 of her deputies have become editors in chief, including Laura Brown, now at InStyle, and Kristina O’Neill, helming WSJ Magazine. “I just like the idea of nurturing people and seeing them blossom.”

Glenda Bailey Steps Down as Editor of Harper’s Bazaar

Good riddance! Though it is great news and we should be dancing on the tables, I do feel like the timing is sort of 'meh' for me. Glenda has set the bar so low for HB and sucked any sort of enthusiasm or anticipation out it that I almost don't really care for the magazine and what it stands for. And the fact that she thinks she 'inspired' her readers over the years is sadder.
Anyone with a new point of view should be given a shot. Hope they'll do a proper house cleaning and get rid of her entire team because that's where most of the problem lies.

As for her replacements, Baron and Templer are wild cards because according to Page Six...
'A new EIC has not been named, but we hear Bailey will be involved with the search.'

That already does not bode well!

Party on the block!! This is great news and I hope it continues after her successor is named.

My mind immediately think of Carine. She has the star editor quality who can go head to head with Anna. And with her already involve in the brand. It's just simple. Her being on Heidi Klum's new fashion competition on Amazon really had me wonder if she wants to expand her US presence.

I'm gonna throw in a wild card and say they'll give it to Joanna Hillman.

I rarely post anymore but I HAD TO come and join the celebration here. This is one of the BEST fashion news ever.
I truly hope it is not Carine that replaces her. She has not created memorable content since leaving French Vogue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->