Glenda Bailey Departs Harper’s Bazaar *Update June 2020* Samira Nasr Announced As Replacement

You guys see Miguel Enamorado as a real contender for this position?...

So what issue will be last? I’m sure they just finished the May issue.

You guys see Miguel Enamorado as a real contender for this position?...
He contributed in making Bazaar into a cheesy fashion bore. We don’t need eds with sky blue background and a graphic white setting.
They should just all leave. Glenda has a new position so she needs people by her side with her projects. She can hire them or they can get into Celebrity styling...

If they want people from the Bazaar family so bad, they might just hire all the UK Bazaar team, Justine included.

We'll see if this is a good thing or a bad thing soon. Not willing to celebrate yet.

^ Right?! It's a total no brainer, to me!! Her InStyle takeover was just a waiting game for Glenda to get her bags packing, imo!

But will she bring anything new to HB? I think she does a great job at producing a high gloss commercial magazine for InStyle, and would work well at HB, she just would need to re-think the damn art direction, among other things!

I would love her to get the job.
I hope she brings Julia with her.

Laura's cover stars are very current, so I'm sure she'd do a great job with covers. But her Harper's Bazaar wouldn't be that different from Glenda's, I think. Just another incredibly commercial magazine with little substance to it.

I find very little difference between InStyle & Harper's content & editorial strategy to be quite honest.

He contributed in making Bazaar into a cheesy fashion bore. We don’t need eds with sky blue background and a graphic white setting.
They should just all leave. Glenda has a new position so she needs people by her side with her projects. She can hire them or they can get into Celebrity styling...

If they want people from the Bazaar family so bad, they might just hire all the UK Bazaar team, Justine included.

I think he is a good follower but not a leader.....i just asked because if they are gonna look at the HB family, could be a choice....

And about Laura Brown...if she get the job she needs to revamp HB, maybe get and european art director or creative director...in the end HB also represents Fashion but right now it's stuck in a middle....new team, new vision, new strategy...to gain their reputation back....

Like the WWD articles suggested they are looking for someone with digital skills...but also point of view, sometimes this big corporations seems desperate for digital experts and forget everything else like brands hiring "Influencers" thinking they are gonna fix their problems...

Laura Brown just ruled herself out of the running, via her IG stories.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelkt
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->