Good All-around LV Bag?

Aziandoll

Reaction score
:heart: Hi guys, I am finally going to make the splurge and purchase a bigger LV bag. I have a pochette, that I won on ebay last year, but it's way too small for me. Does anyone have any suggestions? I have seen too many of the tote bags.. I forgot the name of that style, and don't want something plain. Oh, BTW, I need to carry it on my shoulder, instead of my hands, like the Sonatine. It would have to be big enough to carry some envelopes, and have a big gusset. Any suggestions for a good style that would last a long time?

depens on your budget though. you could buy the monogram croissant-medium size. it'll fit anything. plus the model is nice too :flower: .

SONATINE is a very cute bag! I have it and love it :heart:
but it's too small and sometimes could be such a pain to only carry by hands.

if you want bigger LV bags, SPEEDY is a good choice. I have it in black Epi, and I personally find it nicer than SPEEDY in Monogram Canvas. and PAPILLON in Damier, my all time favorite. or something like the Mini Monogram JOSEPHINE. I think the small JOSEPHINE is big enough, I love its size. or Mini Monogram LUCILLE PM, it's about the same size as a small JOSEPHINE, but the width is a bit less. or Monogram Mat Leather SHELTON, and Suhali L'INGENIEUX PM.

as for the over the shoulder ones, I'd suggest the large CITE, or CROISSANT MM.

I think I'm gonna have to visit a store to check these purses out! It's kinda hard looking at vuitton.com, to judge the sizes. Does the Sonatine have a magnet closure, or a zipper closure? I was thinking of that, or the Papillon. I think the speedy would be great.. but it's seems too "old style" for me. Btw, does LV still make the Ellipse backpack? That's another of my options.

I dunno if you've already done this but if you check out Eluxury.com's LV items, sometimes, if you click on 'Alternate View', they'll have a shot of the bag being 'worn' by a mannequin so you can see how it measures up. I know they do that with the Papillon bags for sure.

Originally posted by Aziandoll@Dec 17th, 2003 - 1:15 am
I think I'm gonna have to visit a store to check these purses out! It's kinda hard looking at vuitton.com, to judge the sizes. Does the Sonatine have a magnet closure, or a zipper closure? I was thinking of that, or the Papillon. I think the speedy would be great.. but it's seems too "old style" for me. Btw, does LV still make the Ellipse backpack? That's another of my options.
if you want bigger bags, I wouldn't suggest SONATINE. it's a cute bag but I have a hard time fitting all my stuffs in. it doesn't have a zipper closure.
I don't think SPEEDY is "old style", it's a really nice all-around bag, and you'd just love the size.
and yeah there is the ELLIPSE backpack, I think Vuitton still makes it. but to me, the ELLIPSE looks kinda old ladyish, maybe because I've always seen older ladies wearing it :P

I would have to say the Musette Tango or the Papillon 30. I have the tango and I love it b/c it is spacious enough for me to throw in everyday needs. The Pochette Croissant is fairly sizeable to put things in too.

Thanks for your suggestions everyone! But I guess I should describe what I would use the bag for.. because most of the ones mentioned are too small. I would carry in it: A Binder, Laptop, Music books. I'm a music teacher and graduate student. I just bought a Partition, which is perfect for my everyday stuff, but when work starts... ugh, I have to carry 2 bags, one for my laptop, and the other for my other stuff. Are LV backpacks or a Large Noe big enough? Also, are they sturdy enough, and have reinforcements to carry lots of things? I was thinking of being able to put the Partition into the larger bag. I'm so indecisive! But I wanted to know what other people used as a "work" bag. I appreciate your suggestions! Thanks guys!

sounds like you need a speedy to me... although they don't offer much protection for your laptop (maybe put your laptop in a case, then put the case in a large bad?). I'm not sure if LV even makes something that would be large enough to use as a laptop bag as well al all the other stuff too.... maybe the Cabas Mezzo, the musette or the Nil 28... If I was looking for something practical to safely carry my laptop around in... I would be looking for something with a definite backbone and a whole lot of padding to keep it from getting broken.

My laptop only leaves my house to go with me on travel, and when I bring it, it goes into a very sturdy, black leather briefcase looking thing. That, my carry on and a small purse are quite easy to carry witout hindering my pace, so I'm not so sure why you need one large bag with all that heavy stuff in it to hurt your shoulder...

Originally posted by Aziandoll@Jan 8th, 2004 - 4:27 am
Thanks for your suggestions everyone! But I guess I should describe what I would use the bag for.. because most of the ones mentioned are too small. I would carry in it: A Binder, Laptop, Music books. I'm a music teacher and graduate student. I just bought a Partition, which is perfect for my everyday stuff, but when work starts... ugh, I have to carry 2 bags, one for my laptop, and the other for my other stuff. Are LV backpacks or a Large Noe big enough? Also, are they sturdy enough, and have reinforcements to carry lots of things? I was thinking of being able to put the Partition into the larger bag. I'm so indecisive! But I wanted to know what other people used as a "work" bag. I appreciate your suggestions! Thanks guys!
then what about this?

ELVIN
M46580_large.jpg

or

VENICE
N51145_large.jpg

Originally posted by MissPurple@Dec 14th, 2003 - 1:49 am
if you want bigger LV bags, SPEEDY is a good choice. I have it in black Epi, and I personally find it nicer than SPEEDY in Monogram Canvas.
I agree!!
It is very nice!
Especially in black.

i agree with everyone that suggested the papillon! It doesn't lose shape like a speedy but has just as much room and still looks very stylish :P

The papillion is the only LV bag I would consider buying. Do they have any other colours other than the regular monogram canvas?

Originally posted by brian@Jan 12th, 2004 - 11:19 pm
Maybe you could try the Alize 24 Heures?
I have it, and I love it.
It holds TONS, even a laptop.

Yikes! Wow! That bag is really expensive! If I had the money though, I'd totally buy it. What do you guys think of the Messenger bag? I don't want to hold a bag in my hand like a briefcase, because sometimes I have to carry my guitar and amp when I go to work.. so... yeah. Anyhow, do any of you own the Messenger bag? And, is it fairly sturdy?

The papillon bag is really chic, but it won't fit a laptop. Oh well. Maybe next time..

Originally posted by Shahna@Jan 13th, 2004 - 11:07 am
The papillion is the only LV bag I would consider buying. Do they have any other colours other than the regular monogram canvas?
If you want to risk ebay...you can get it in CB.

Other than that...damier is very nice, you can get the Bedford Bag from the Vernis collection or the Epi Soufflot.

Yikes! Wow! That bag is really expensive! If I had the money though, I'd totally buy it. What do you guys think of the Messenger bag? I don't want to hold a bag in my hand like a briefcase, because sometimes I have to carry my guitar and amp when I go to work.. so... yeah. Anyhow, do any of you own the Messenger bag? And, is it fairly sturdy?

The papillon bag is really chic, but it won't fit a laptop. Oh well. Maybe next time.. [/quote]
Yeah, it is rather expensive, however, it is a good investment and it also doubles as luggage :lol:

The messenger bag(s)?! Oh man I LOVE them. I've been wanting the brown monogram canvas one (The Abbesses Messenger Bag) forever and ever. I don't know why, but it's always going and coming on eluxury. Maybe it sells out fast? I don't know, but I definitely want one ;D

I think the messengers are really good investments as well, and perhaps one of them could be what you need! It sounds like it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crowbar69
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->