Good Conditioner For Colour-treated Hair?

Misako

within an embrace
Reaction score
I'm looking for a good conditioner for colour treated hair - I really want to keep it soft and supple. I just got my hair dyed two days ago, and the base shade is now four shades up from where I was originally, and I have blonde highlights in that are six shades above my natural hair colour. It's a little dry right now, and I really would like to eliminate that feeling. My stylist recommended Aveda Blue Malva Conditioner (to condition and keepy brassiness away), but I go to an Aveda concept salon so of course she would recommend that. I may get that, but I'd like to consider other options first. I have moderately thick but semi-fine hair that takes to procedures really well - apparently my hair's very responsive. Anyway, if there's anymore information needed, just ask. Thanks. I really want to get my hair conditioned...this feeling is slightly irritating. :P

aveda products are good....but they dont last very long......at all :lol:

i would reccomend my conditioner (reconstructor formula 2) but you have to have it made for you in london so i think thats a long shot ...

how about kiehls.....they do some really great ones....get samples from the store

i just use the Dove or Korres hair mask for treated hair instead of normal conditioner every single time i shampoo.
it's a trick my hairdresser suggested, but i just treat the mask conditioner, i do not leave it on for the normally suggested time.

another trick for treated hair is laurel oil that i leave on hair for half an hour before shampoo, it is fantastic, i guess you can get it from aromatotherapy or pharmachies

agreed Lena.....
when my hair gets a bit split and i need a trim but dont have time.....i soak in in olive oil for about 10 minutes then shampoo it all out
it leaves your hair amazing.......people always stroke my hair

but make sure you COMPLETELY shampoo the oil out or it will be a disaster

not a long time ago I put some baby oil on my hair because Ive colored it too much (Its hard to get rid of black color...). It was quite good. :woot: (May be Ill try to do it with olive oil too.)

olive oil is fantastic but laurel oil smells better
havent tried baby oil, i guess it should also work fine

and yes, try to shampoo it very very well

I'm not sure if it's sold outside of the U.S. but the ARTec color line is really good. I don't use it myself but my mom used to work with the guy who created it and she swears by it. It comes in all different formulas for different colors and it's supposed to lengthen the time your color stays by depositing color to enhance.

Here's some of the ARTec line

Thanks for all the reccs, guys! :smile: I'll look into these.

Spike - I live in the states, so I can certainly look into those. :smile:

olive oil is great!!!! Ill do it allways! Lena, thanx for great advice! My hair feels like silk! :woot:

Wella Color Preserve is great it is in the Red bottles...

Sebastian Laminates has this deep conditioning mask that does wonders for my color-treated, uber-damaged hair. My hairstylist recommended it to me, it's not to expensive like $10-15. SO worth it it turns my hair from fried to silk, which is no small task.

This is a some kind of a leave-in conditioner from TIGI. I love it because it gives extra shine to my hair! :woot:

Looks like this actually

tigi_bedhead_small_talk_sm.jpg

you know i just tried this stuff from the body shop :blink: of all places.
Im in love with this honey shampoo and conditioner :shock: it works verrrrry well, i have damaged hair from past coloring and constant flat iron use :cry: it smells great too.....but it works ( at least for me ) its all natural too. ( duh)

Originally posted by Misako@Jul 16 2004, 04:43 PM
I'm looking for a good conditioner for colour treated hair - I really want to keep it soft and supple. I just got my hair dyed two days ago, and the base shade is now four shades up from where I was originally, and I have blonde highlights in that are six shades above my natural hair colour. It's a little dry right now, and I really would like to eliminate that feeling. My stylist recommended Aveda Blue Malva Conditioner (to condition and keepy brassiness away), but I go to an Aveda concept salon so of course she would recommend that. I may get that, but I'd like to consider other options first. I have moderately thick but semi-fine hair that takes to procedures really well - apparently my hair's very responsive. Anyway, if there's anymore information needed, just ask. Thanks. I really want to get my hair conditioned...this feeling is slightly irritating. :P
[snapback]311885[/snapback]​

I have a sample of the Paul Mitchell Color Condtioner I can send you if you like..... so you can try it out before deciding to buy or not.

Originally posted by julieanne@Jul 30 2004, 08:49 PM
I have a sample of the Paul Mitchell Color Condtioner I can send you if you like..... so you can try it out before deciding to buy or not.
[snapback]318853[/snapback]​

Thanks, but I got some Pureology conditioner. :smile: :flower:

Originally posted by Misako@Jul 30 2004, 10:26 PM
Thanks, but I got some Pureology conditioner. :smile: :flower:
[snapback]318900[/snapback]​
you're welcome :flower: Glad you found something!

Doesnt putting olive oil in your hair make it greasy? It sounds like something id like to try...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andy190
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->