Gossip Girl (TV Series)

^ yeh me too - last night my sister was rewatching season 1 and I miss that!
it was dark gritty drama with an excellent soundtrack.
blairs dressing then was so much better.

I was rewatching some of my favorite scenes from season 1 too on Sunday and I realised how much I miss it..all those scandals and the most incredible soundtrack and the most amazing fashion...I also realised how I have conneted all my favorite scenes with what Blair is wearing :innocent:

I'm going to stop watching Gossip Girl, too. :( It has gotten so bad it's not even remotely funny anymore. Blake's acting in the last episode....seriously, is she even trying anymore? Nate & Dan's useless dialogues. That annoying Charly/Ivy person. Blair being pregnant. It's all so bad and too insulting to our intelligence.

I just finished watching the new episode...Sooooo boring! I don't like Louis' sister and her accent is really irritiating. I was surprised that they mentioned Blair's bulimic problems...I remember in the 1s season I thought it was an interesting storyline.Too bad it ended after 10 episodes -_-
Anyway, I was just glad that they actually used this awsome song in the opening scene "Pumped Up Kicks" by Foster The People!!! It's one of my favorites these days ^_^

new promo for next week's episode:

is it me or these promos are getting weirder every week? :ninja:

What movie title is ''Memoirs Of An Invisible Dan'' a take off of? It better not be Memoirs of a Geisha. Cause then that's lame.

^^Memoirs of an Invisible Man. Anyway, word is Aaron Tveit will be returning as Tripp with a multi-epi arc.

Wow. This thread is dead! So unlike last season when we were all buzzing with excitement, outrage and shipper wars. Now, it's "Blair's pregnant.....SNNNNNOOOOOOZE."

BTW: Connor Paulo is on Revenge and if you're looking for a GG replacement, the show might be what you're looking for. It's a modern update/re-take of The Count of Monte Cristo. The fashion is nothing earth-shattering, but it's leagues better and far more realistic (in a good way) than GG. (Revenge takes place in The Hamptons.)

Based on reviews of the 2 aired GG episodes, the media doesn't give a rat's *** about anything but Dair.

I watched the latest episode last night and they seem to have changed the pace, it seems like the story evolves not as quick as it used to be, which actually isn't bad. but the storylines right now are boring... Ivy/Charlie is really getting on my nerves already! and Serena? doesn't she ever notice when people are reluctant to do sth? the way she was pushing Ivy to move in with her was so annoying!
I really can't imagine Blair as a mother. I wonder how they'll solve that, maybe a miscarriage? and with Louis sister there's just another scheming female character on the show *yawn* By the way, where are Lily and Eric?
The only parts I really liked about the last episode were the ones with Dan & Blair, both at that party Blair went to with Louis and at Dan's home. he gave her some good advice and he's the only one she's really opened up to yet about the pregnancy. I :heart: Dair! :blush::P

Last edited by a moderator:
I only have one thing to say...

Where the hell is Lily?!

Come on writers, I need my dose of Rhodes-VanderWoodsen-Bass-Humphrey glamour!

Memoirs Of An Invisible Man (1992)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0104850/

LOL I remember that movie. I've seen that movie. Shame on me :blush:

Have to say we had a power cut right in the middle of the ep and didn't really mind. It was pretty boring. I can't believe they are going with Blair being pregnant. The rest of them are lame execept Dair. I really don't care if Chuck dies of ''bruise poison'' or care that Ivy is going to probably steal Serena's inheritance. This show better pick up the pace cause it's losing even more fans now. Best bit -

rAcOk.gif

ONTD

Ep 5x03 Promo- "The Jewel of Denial" (now that is a good title).

GG is so boring now, agreed on Revenge being a good replacement, so is Ringer.

^Yes, I agree about Ringer, it's really good so far. And I will check out Revenge, too. If it wasn't for Leighton I probably would have stopped watching GG a long time ago, it's unbearably boring.

What they really need to do, and should have done a few years ago, is shorten their season, refocus the writers and work on fewer epis with more content. It feels like everything is so padded.

^That's what happened with Season 1 and the writers' strike. There were only ~18 episodes during that season - the story line was so focused and there were far fewer filler episodes, if any at all.

I think the show started to suffer once it drifted away from the books. Now, I will admit I've never read the books, but using the book plots gave the show focus and balance: the focus was on character growth and continuity first with plot being secondary. (Well, look at season 1 the arcs meander rather than being the focus--and it hurts, not hurts.) Now, it's plot first and character growth secondary if at all, and continuity is ignored for the sake of OMFG moments.

I think part of the reason why Dair work is because....their plot is like season 1: it meanders, it's about the small things and the focus is on character and dialogue rather than plot.

I love that Blair being pregnant has misfired so badly. (Well, the toilet seat mob like it, but they are in a shrinking minority.) I wonder if the writers regret taking that route especially given that it follows the bad press for abusegate and all the travesties of season 4 involving Serena and Chuck and the toilet seat relationship.

Serena´s behaviour is just so ridiculous it hurts. All the dialogs with Charlie are lame. Elizabeth Hurley can´t act at all, she has this one trhoaty voice, the grin and the painted on dress...always herself since Austin Powers

i barely made it through the last episode, i think i'm done with this show.

that prince (i don't even remember his name) is so boring and what a nightmare to watch him act. chuck's plot is pointless, and speaking of - why is nate still on the show?

i was so excited to see ethan peck on the first episode. he can't act apparently but he looks great.

^I'm annoyed about the lack of Ethan Peck too. It started out so well with him, I disagree, he can act, but they didn't make much use of him in a good way.

you're right. i'm hoping he makes a repeat appearance. he can't of only been in the premier, can he?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
avann
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->