Graduate Fashion Week Gala Show,London 06.June 2007!

Miss Dalloway

Reaction score
I am surprised to see there is no thread on this event today.So if its ok,i thought i should open one.:blush: For now there are only pictures,no info of the winner,i guess tomorrow we will get more news.
In the meantime feel free to share your thoughts about this event and share your expirience if you were there.etc:flower:

Judges of this years panel for the River Island Gold Award at Graduate Fashion Week,are:Glenda Bailey,Victoria Beckham,Alber Elbaz&River Islands MD Richard Bradbury.

Offical website: http://www.gfw.org.uk/index.html

Guests:

Victoria Beckham
74417292tx3.jpg

Zandra Rhodes
74421352.jpg

Sophie Anderton
74421354.jpg

Kimberly Stewart

74421348.jpg

Credit:GettyImages.

Last edited by a moderator:
The show,so faar no names to whom the creations belong:

74421302.jpg
74421299.jpg
74421298.jpg

74421295.jpg

Zandra Rhodes,Glenda Bailey,Victoria Beckham,Alber Elbaz

74418048kc1.jpg

74418521.jpg

Getty.

Last edited by a moderator:
The announcment of the winners:

74421322.jpg
74421331.jpg

74421333.jpg
74421343.jpg

I guess this is the winner:

74421345.jpg

GRADUATE GALA SHOW
spacer.gif
THIS year's Graduate Fashion Week promised to be bigger and better than before - and it didn't disappoint. Not only were there two gala shows but there were also two winners of the prestigious River Island Gold Award, presented by Victoria Beckham. "Thank you so much for inviting me to do this," she said, dressed in a short black and white graphic print dress, before it was announced that Jasper Chadprajong from Ravensbourne College of Design and Communication and Nicolas Thomas from UWE Bristol were joint winners, each receiving Ł10,000 of the Ł20,000 prize.

And it's no wonder the judges - who included Lanvin artistic director Alber Elbaz, sporting a red bowtie and Harpers Bazaar editor-in-chief Glenda Bailey - found it difficult to come to a decision. Chadprajong's collection featured oversized hoodies layered over macs and tied around the waists of voluminous trench-style coats. They were functional yet sleek in a neat palette of taupe, navy, orange and turquoise. Meanwhile Thomas' collection saw men's cosy knit cardigans revamped in metallics, spots and stripes teamed with tweed trousers tucked in to smart Wellington boots.

But it wasn't just the Gold Award up for grabs as Lilli Rose Wicks (Somerset College of Design) picked up the Visionary Knitwear Award bringing sass to the traditional craft with her batwing slinky dresses in cream and black and Jessica Clarke (Manchester Metropolitan University) won the Zandra Rhodes Catwalk Textiles Award with her magical meadow-looking prints on easy-to-wear dresses. The Womenswear Award went to Kelly Shaw (University of East London) for her witty retro-inspired collection. One model wore a beauty queen-style sash with 'Miss ASBO' written across it while others donned prom-style dresses accessorised with frilly swim caps, oversized shades and knee-high socks.

Meanwhile off the catwalk, renowned fashion journalists Suzy Menkes of the International Herald Tribune and the Daily Telegraph's Hilary Alexander, illustrator David Downtown and TV personalities Sophie Anderton and Louise Redknapp were all sitting front row as this year's crop of students let us in on the fashions they have planned for the future. From elaborate showgirl feather headgear, nipple tassels and body-con cat suits (SarahNowell,Northumbria University), to delicate peacock-printed ensembles (Alexis Gane, Ravensbourne College of Design and Communication) and boom boxes in place of bags (Julia Ison-Steiner, Westminster University), it's clear that Graduate Fashion Week is still brimming with creative talent. See you next year! (June 7 2007, AM)

http://www.vogue.co.uk/vogue_daily/story/story.asp?stid=45240

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
neverchiu
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->