Graduate Fashion Week Gala Show,London 06.June 2007!

Ah i love that they've chosen two winners, it shows the level that these students are working at. I wish I could have been at this, there's such a buzz around uni when everyones trying to get ready for gfw. Can't wait to see some more pics and get more info on it, does anyone know when they'll start releasing more articles?

Thanks Emil :flower:

Does anyone have any idea if Victoria Beckham is wearing a student designed dress?

This reminds me of a friends bulletin someone sent me last night with Victoria in a zebra print dress, that wasn't doing much justice!

Does anyone have any idea if Victoria Beckham is wearing a student designed dress?

This reminds me of a friends bulletin someone sent me last night with Victoria in a zebra print dress, that wasn't doing much justice!
I wondered about her dress aswell,its like a piece of art,but according to this article its Giles Deacon,but its cool she bought few pieces from the winner yesterday.^_^

Fab Fifities File,you are welcome.

Victoria Beckham, one of the judges of the River Island Gold Award, arrived for the gala in Battersea Park last night, (Wednesday) wearing a short fitted silk patchwork body-conscious mini-dress and metal spike-encrusted ‘punk’ shoes by the British designer of the year, Giles Deacon.

Mrs Beckham, who missed her husband playing against Estonia in the vital European 2008 championship qualifier, to fulfill her obligations to the students, said she was overwhelmed at the talent and creativity. “This has been a wonderful experience.”

She confirmed she had also bought three designs from a student at the University of East London, Kelly Shaw, whose collection featured 1950 ‘domestic goddess’ dresses inspired by Doris Day and made in strawberry-print and stripe plastic and Latex.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here are the winners

Design by joint winner Jasper Sinchai Chadprajong from Ravensbourne University as a mens wear collection...
g2.jpg

then shown, as suggested by Alber Elbaz, for the Graduate Fashion Week gala as a woman’s wear collection.
g3.jpg

Credit>Telegraph...co.uk.

Joint Graduate of the Year winners Nicholas Thomas and Jasper Chadprajong.
g4.jpg

Credit>Telegraph.co.uk.

Designs by joint winner Nicholas Thomas from Bristol University.
g5.jpg
g6.jpg

Credit>Telegraph.co.uk

Designs by student Jessica Clark, of Manchester Metropolitan University, who won the Zandra Rhodes Textile Design Award for her fantasy island menagerie-prints.

I love this.
g11.jpg
g12.jpg

Credit>Telegraph.co.uk

Designs by Lilli Rose Wickes of Somerset College of Design, whose doll-house knits captured the Visionary Knitwear award.

I really like this aswell.

g9.jpg
g10.jpg

Credit>Telegraph.co.uk

Does anybody have any idea what designer is Victoria Beckham's dress? I love it! I love her style !

does anyone know where can I find more pictures ? TIA :flower:

Designs by Lilli Rose Wickes of Somerset College of Design, whose doll-house knits captured the Visionary Knitwear award.

I really like this aswell.

g9.jpg
g10.jpg

Credit>Telegraph.co.uk
Wauw, I really like what I see. I think this design is soo awesome! Maybe a little white though. But I still like it!

I also really love the strawberrie coat. It looks so spring!

Btw.. Don't you guys think that Victoria is to blond for her skin colour?I think it just doesn´t looks natural.

ah emil,i have to concur with you about the knitwear designer lili rose. this lady definitely took full advantage of graduation and presented something really dynamic. especially compared with the other contestants. most of the other stuff looks a bit too safe and redundant to me. even the printed pieces,which are great,but the dresses themselves are rather tired.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dima77
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->