Great Subscription Offers - Magazines

This is a perfect example of how they get people thinking a direct debit offer is great value, but if you sit down and work it out, you start to realise it isn't.

After the initial six months, because they start charging you £16.80 every six issues, that works out at a yearly subscription costing £33.60, so you'd get a better rate by signing up for a whole year at £29.99, which sounds more expensive, but is actually cheaper.

Imagine if maths exams contained questions about stuff you're actually interested in. You'd spend all day with a calculator in your hand, happily working things out.

I know it is actually quite ridiculous...

Do you guys know where I can get digital subscriptions? And how expensive are they?
I notice a lot of members here have them for magazines that are not really available in their area.
:smile:

Thanks, but not really what I was looking for... something more like zinio.com, but not zinio.com. :lol:

I never knew about zinio.com until you guys mentioned it... it's a great idea if you don't want to pay a ton for a foreign magazine. Are there any more sites like this? Possibly with Elle UK? :P

If you go for the 'direct debit' option, then I do believe that you can stop the subscription after the first five issues by going to the bank and cancelling it.

However, the subscription service might make it slightly difficult for you to do that, in that they might not remind you in good time, hoping that the renewal will happen before you get chance to cancel it. It's something to watch out for.

Looking at a long-term subscription, it is cheaper to sign up for 24 issues at £24 via credit card - a one-off purchase (with no automatic renewal or need to remember to cancel anything) which works out at £1 per issue for two years. Guaranteed rate, no nonsense.

If you were to continue the subscription using the direct debit option, you'd pay £5 for 5 issues, then £7 for 6 issues, which means you'd pay £12 for 11 issues (and eventually £14 for 12 issues) which is like paying around £1.10/£1.17 per issue. Slightly more.

i'm getting it as a gift subsciption though and i don't want it to be too much
thank you for helping :smile:

i saw somewhere UK elle 12 issues for £19.99 where is it?!! :(

yeah but then it says £43 for the year at the bottom in the T&C bit?! i think this whole thing is just a scam.

the harper's uk for £12 is legit though! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->