Green for St. Patrick's Day

L&N

Reaction score
So, it's St. Patty's day and maybe you can help settle a debate between my boyfriend and I. We were getting dressed this morning and he gave me crap for not wearing green. He works with kids, so I found it perfectly acceptable for him, but I find it a little... i dunno... silly? dorky?? I mean, the ladies that wear green in my office are the ones that wear 4-leaf-clover earrings (ew!).

You won't catch me wearing green today, but I'm wondering if anyone else in this stylish community will be. Well??

I wear my small antique shamrock badge, on St Patricks day.
But other than that, not really, and my family's Irish!

:lol:

Not wearing green today, but I'm also not going anywhere of consequence. I'd consider it if I was heading out. Green CAN be worn stylishly if that's the question :wink:

green polka dot mary janes sound perfect for today hahah =D

What is wrong with wearing a little green here and there?

People shouldn't act so much AGAINTS it.
So It's a fake celebration, LET'S SHOW SOME SPIRIT eitherway. I know MANY will get it when they head to the bar. :wink:

Think it's cool if you are Irish.

Just like Cinco De Mayo. It's cool if you are Mexican.

It is childish and it is a little "dorky." HEY THAT is what HOLIDAYS are about. Making those memories and feeling like a kid having fun AGAIN.

Would of suggested to go for it!

Maybe I will wear some:Clean,stylish, cool armwarmers or gloves?
Some hot shoes? ANYTHING falling in the accessories category.

Definetly don't want to look like a clown either. Keep it SIMPLE and it will go over fine.

Just don't pinch little kids :wink:haha......

I didnt even know it was St. Patricks Day...until I read this post...

hehehe...i had the unfortunateness of being downtown about a half hour ago. everyone was streaming in and out of the clubs and bars, and everyone was drunkenly stumbling around wearing green. i saw like one person not wearing green. if you had seen them, you would think it is impossible to stylishly wear green. unless you think wearing a green ultra-sequined camisole with a miniskirt and green stiletto strappy sandals in 30 degree weather is stylish.

but that's beside the point. i wore a top with green embroidery on it today, but it seriously was completely unintentional. i don't think it's silly it all to wear green on st. patrick's day though. it's a silly holiday. whatever.

i wore green!

this is the outfit i wore yesterday:
14525_02_b.jpg

14187_01_b.jpg

Diorling said:
I didnt even know it was St. Patricks Day...until I read this post...

I didn't know yesterday until I visited google and saw their St. Patrick's theme :lol: Suffice it to say, I wasn't wearing green yesterday ^_^ Even if I did know, I probably wouldn't have sported green anyway...

prettybabi11492 said:
this is the outfit i wore yesterday:

Cute top, where's it from? (I can't read the label!)

Last edited by a moderator:
i wanted to wear green, but i realized that morning that i didn't have any green clothes:huh::ermm:

Damn. Wh didn't I take advantage of that? I also had a T-shirt that says "Sham-Rock." From....Target.

Damn :(

L&N said:
Cute top, where's it from? (I can't read the label!)
hollister co. unfortunately, it's a clearance item right now that's sold out in most stores but they have it on their website in an XS. i weigh 120 and wear a M or L there, so XS is pretty damn tiny!

Green is my favorite color. So I was wearing green yesterday, even though I forgot it was St. Patty's day. ^_^

A co-worker forgot to wear green. Someone said to her, "You're going to get pinched all day!"

Her reply: "Oh, I'm counting on it."

:woot::lol:

Im not irish so i dont celebrate st patricks day allthough were i live there is a very big irish community so its celebrated in every pub/bar/club etc.
All though no one really wears green .. maybe its an american thing we dont seem to do it in the uk .. all though a teacher of myn was wearing shamrock shapped green sunglasses lol ....

OH215.jpg

all though i did have a white dress wuth green polkadots on it with out realising .. only notice dwhen some one pointed it out too me.

it's cool to wear a wee bit of green on st patrick's day. B)

there's huge irish population in my town though, so everyone was bedecked in green (and those weird tacky giant leprochaun hats). I unfortunately was in the midst of a costuming project with a deadline so I didn't even leave my house on friday, nor did I wear green. :doh: so I drank green tea instead... :blush:

I decorate my house for most of the holidays, incl St Patrick's, but not myself ... for some reason I don't have any green in my closet. It's always like that ... :P I've used green as an accent color in almost every room of my house, but I just don't like to wear it for some reason ...

If questioned about it, however, I imply that I am wearing green, but the questioner simply can't see it ... :innocent:

i took a thick piece of green fabric, and put some green shoe laces on my adidas. that's all the green i wore babe.:lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miumeow
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->