Fashion Gets Political

The protesters aren't there to show off labels - they should keep their minds on what they came for.

i think there wouldnt be allowed to protest,
the demonstration is not officially permited no?

since this newsbit is already been posted
i'm merging with the 'fashion gets political' topic :P

Originally posted by mikeijames@Aug 27 2004, 10:35 AM
marc is nothing if not political...
[snapback]346995[/snapback]​

From what I have read on TFS recently , they were probabably NOT designed by Marc's good self , but by a lowly assistant !!! :cry:

NOW an LV sleeping bag ............... :wink:

KIT :innocent:

I heard they weren't being allowed to protest...

"Political activists opposed to US President George W Bush have been told they will not be allowed to stage a huge rally in New York this weekend.
The planned anti-war protest in Central Park was to coincide with the eve of the Republican Convention and would have begun a week of protest rallies.

It meant to make life uncomfortable for the president and his supporters.

Organisers say the ban is a violation of their constitutional rights of assembly and free speech.

A judge at New York's state Supreme Court has ruled that the rally, which was expected to attract a quarter of a million demonstrators, cannot be held in Central Park because of the damage which may be caused to the grass."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/3600200.stm

I dont understand this...I've heard they have concerts and such on that very same grass...seems like a pretty useless reason to forbid an important demonstration.

the 'green grass' excuse is pretty lame imho

Political shirt gets another go ...HEATHERETTE...

NEW YORK - Thursday, August 26, 2004

Pre-9/11, Lyle Derek designed a “God Save NY,” T-shirt—a la Vivienne Westwood’s God Save the Queen number—as a statement against then Mayor Giuliani. Well, like any good “vintage” number, it is part of a revival, this time against the RNC invasion.

Updating the political frocks, Derek joined forces with design duo Heatherette, who was commissioned to take the shirts and customize them! After a couple were released, Britain’s other Queen mum, Madge, called up the designers and requested a bunch of the shirts that she could wear on her European tour to show support for NY on dates that coincide with the RNC.

Additional customized Heatherette shirts will be auctioned off at this coming Sunday’s God Save New York event, which is being billed as a “Going away party for George W. Bush.” At the bash, which will benefit the NY Civil Liberties Union, Boy George and Rufus Wainwright will be perform. Also set to appear is Ben Jelen.

see pic here

http://www.fashionweekdaily.com/content/te...d=3152&zoneid=1

lots of Dems give 2,000 which is the max that one person can give. I do think the tshirts make a difference, I know that some republicans complain because it is "hip" to be liberal and a dem. so by doing so it gets the message to more people and gets more people involved in voting because it is the 'thing to do'

actually Kerry came from a fairly middle-class home. It was only through going to St.Pauls and then Yale that he made really excellent connections....

either way, I think even if people don't have an indepth knowledge of politics, if they are getting more involved, especially with such low voter turnouts, the more people who are becoming informed the better

Rachel Comey Polo Shirt for
Downtown for Democracy
:P
As far as we're concerned, there's only one man for the top job, and we don't mind saying so with an embroidered logo. Designed exclusively for Hint by downtown favorite Rachel Comey, this limited-edition p*rno-political polo shirt will let you, too, show your true color. All of the proceeds will go straight into the coffers of Downtown for Democracy, a group mobilizing the creative communities to stand behind (or is it in front of?) John Kerry. As we have a very small quantity, we're accepted pre-orders now with a ship date of September 22.

d4d_rachelcomey_sm.jpg

get yours now at hintmag :flower:

I think that this is Hillary's younger sister.

Attachments

• sister.jpg
    sister.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 22
Zana Bayne

source | instagram:zanabayne

Attachments

• IMG_1155.JPG
    IMG_1155.JPG
    185.1 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_1157.JPG
    IMG_1157.JPG
    405.6 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_1156.JPG
    IMG_1156.JPG
    175.3 KB · Views: 6
Yohji Yamamoto FW 17

YOU have NO Marbles!!

wwd

Attachments

• Screen shot 2017-02-06 at 12.52.22 AM.png
    Screen shot 2017-02-06 at 12.52.22 AM.png
    264.1 KB · Views: 9
Last edited by a moderator:
slogan t shirts are all the rage...

one of my faves is something i saw this really big guy with a beard wearing...
it said:
WE SHOULD ALL BE FEMINISTS

:heart:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bellbell
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"