Grey's Anatomy

Discussion in 'the Entertainment Spot' started by smartarse, Nov 14, 2005.

1. smartarse

smartarse New Member

Anyone watch this show? I love the writing and its casts. It's comedy, drama, suspense and true to life situations in one. It's better than ER. And I think it's fitting in this website that 3 former models are in it-- Katherine Heigl: former child model turned actress been in few movies, my favorite being "My Father the Hero".... Justin Chambers-- did Calvin Klein and other top designers. Model turned actor. Most known as the Italian "fiance" of JLo in "The Wedding Planner".... and Ellen Pompeio -- model. Discovered in Soho when she was bartending. And they are all in the highly acclaim TV drama and hopefully will sweep the Emmy in 2006 :D B)

[hoping there isn't a thread on this. I checked and didn't see any :P ]

2. Tinuviel

Tinuviel New Member

it's a good show though medical dramas bring out the hypocondriac in me so I'm watching purely for patrick dempsey. :blush: oh I like meredith and george too. and the nazi i forget her name.

3. susie_bubble

susie_bubble New Member

I :heart: Grey's Anatomy!
    It's not that popular in the UK tho.... I'm scared they might pull it off actually....:(

4. izze

izze New Member

:blush: Yep, that's the reason I started watching the show too. I am so in love :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: with Patrick Dempsey. :crush: :crush: :crush:

Anyway, it's now my favorite show. I just want him to end up with Meredith... not his wife. :rolleyes:

5. BabyJ

BabyJ New Member

I think that this show is absolutely amazing. I love the writing, I love the characters as well as the actors who protray the characters. It's so strange to remember that Patrick Dempsey was one of those hotties that I used to watch in movies growing up.

I hope this show cleans house at the Emmy's. Having Desperate Housewives as a lead in last year really helped GA but this season, its carrying it own weight.

Here is some tidbits about the show:

Originally episode 2.05 (i think) titled Bring the Pain was meant to be the season one finale. However due to DH being their lead in, they decided to end their season with only nine episodes in season 1. If you notice the similiarities/differences between each character from the Pilot to the episode Bring the Pain...the characters made a complete 180.

Meredith opens the show with kicking Derek out of her house. The season was supposed to end with her "Pick Me. Chose Me. Love Me." speech.

Christina went from being cold with no feelings at all and wanting to be totally independant to needing someone to lean on.

If you look you'll find that every single character changed dramatically from the Pilot to the show that was meant to be their season 1 finale. I wrote an entirely long analysis on a greys anatomy website I visit.

The actor who plays Dr. Burke was originally cast to play Dr. Shepard then Patrick decided to join the cast. (I think Patrick is the ONLY actor from their cast that can carry that role).

Yeah, so I kinda love this show.

6. smartarse

smartarse New Member

^ totally agree on all accounts! :D I remember when Patrick Dempsey used to play the nerd parts :lol: ...and look what happened? He has grown to a hottie. lol.

Desperate Housewives's writing this season has been lame. Grey should take at least alot of recognition for castings and writing... but who knows. B)

7. boho_babe

boho_babe Cinematic Vision

I don't mind this programme actually. But does that girl who plays the lead role remind you of Renne Zellwegger or what?! I mean her voice and her facial expressions?

8. smartarse

smartarse New Member

^ yes, somewhat. but i think Ellen is prettier. lol B)

9. BabyJ

BabyJ New Member

My best friend thinks that Ellen resembles Renee as well. I can see it but I still think that Ellen is much prettier.

10. em 692

em 692 Guest

this has got to be one of the best shows ever :woot: i can't miss any of the episodes, i'm so addicted...

my favorite character has to be George, all the good stuff happens to him :wink: then maybe Izzie and Dr. Bailey...

plus i love the theme song ^_^

11. smartarse

smartarse New Member

^ I have to admit I'm as addicted as you are. ^_^ . Kinda hard to tear away from friends every Sunday night just to catch Grey's Anatomy. I couldn't care less with Desperate Housewives , although, when it first came on I was hooked . Not anymore. Well, just a tad bit, but that's another 'thread'. B)

12. CocktailChic

CocktailChic New Member

No, I hope not...I love the show. :heart: Ellen & Katherine

13. CharlottefromCA

CharlottefromCA User Friendly

I love this show.. sadly I'm always busy on Sunday nights cramming.. and I always miss the show =(

14. vix123

vix123 New Member

I just recently got into the show (Australia's only up to the finale of Season 1), and now I have to d/l and watch all the older episodes that I haven't seen. Great drama.
    :heart: McDreamy!

15. jennifer~

jennifer~ Active Member

Medical dramas are the only dramas I'll watch - they once awakened my inner hypochondriac but I've since become immune (no medical pun intended :ninja:). True to my procrastinating nature I have yet to watch this... though maybe I should... someday soon.:ninja:

16. laurlaur

laurlaur New Member

I love Grey's Anatomy. I'm ever more addicted to it than Desperate Housewives.

17. LoveMyBoots

LoveMyBoots Active Member

I love Grey's Anatomy. Why didn't I find out about this thread sooner?!

I love it a little too much, I think. (I can't sleep after I watch the show :innocent:.) The writing is very witty and comical, the characters are well draw out and developed, the story lines are enthralling. The main reason I love the show is because every episode there is a theme about something I can totally relate to. :flower:

______________***Spoilers***_____________

However, I thought that the story line with the "pregnant" guy was a bit disappointing, but the train accident one was heartbreaking.
    p.s. I totally rooting for Christina and Burke but not so sure about Patrick and Grey. :innocent:

18. smartarse

smartarse New Member

^ OMG! The trainwreck! I was so fixated to that storyline, couldn't tear myself away. That was indeed heartbreaking. :cry:

Exactly why I love this show is because of the its writing. And agreed with the different theme every episode. Not to mention Meredith's 'thoughts' B)

And what's McDreamy's problem anyway? Why is he so bound to his wife and we all know he's in love with Meredith? Did you hear what he said to her as he left the elevator? I just wanted to bop him one.

#18 smartarse, Nov 17, 2005
    Last edited by moderator : Nov 17, 2005
  19. LoveMyBoots

LoveMyBoots Active Member

20. em 692

em 692 Guest

^ i have to get that! especially since i missed half the first season :doh: ...it does seem so far away :(