grooming versus sex

Originally posted by Lena+May 12th, 2004 - 2:53 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Lena @ May 12th, 2004 - 2:53 am)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-ahhGucci@May 11th, 2004 - 11:40 pm
Why was this reposted?
the vogue article is a kind of repost from NYT ..
then the Vogue article was re-posted twice...

obviously we enjoy posting new topics before we check the already posted ones :innocent:

not a bad sport, as long as someone ELSE is running around merging repetetive topics :rolleyes: [/b][/quote]
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
maybe that could be one of the sports at the olympics this summer...hahaha...

I saw a gucci mens ad with a close up of the "adidas classic sneakers with a gucci label & crocodile slapped on them" sneakers & a gold ring...is this the ad?

Originally posted by Pradaromance12@May 12th, 2004 - 10:42 pm
I saw a gucci mens ad with a close up of the "adidas classic sneakers with a gucci label & crocodile slapped on them" sneakers & a gold ring...is this the ad?
yes, i was flipping through v man last night and the ad is in there as well although it's not quite as apparent as it was in new york magazine. it's very subtle, but it's there (and it surprises me that it was intentional...i guess we all know what margherita missoni's going home to each night... :ninja: )

Originally posted by eguana@May 12th, 2004 - 5:28 am
i think sex and fashion merge perfectly when sex is not exaggerated remember the sexy dior ads with gisele and someone i dont remember then also the ads where the model is suggestive but not in your face sexual.i think they call that sensual???(like last seasons ysl)
Meanwhile the ad posted above with the trench co\at was a disaster she looked too masculine!(sorry abt the offtopic sideline)
but wasnt it a perry elis ad?

I think the sex that seems to be going out is the shock tactic sex!After all that has happened pple are still too 'traumatised'

Originally posted by eguana@May 14th, 2004 - 11:50 am

no idea, it was just there with the arcticle, maybe you should search NYTs for credits :unsure:

Originally posted by Lena+May 14th, 2004 - 6:16 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Lena @ May 14th, 2004 - 6:16 am)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-eguana@May 14th, 2004 - 11:50 am

no idea, it was just there with the arcticle, maybe you should search NYTs for credits :unsure: [/b][/quote]
i now confirmed it. Thats a perry ellis ad.

sorry abt being off topic but

left_filler.jpg

Modesty B. is backkk

from Assosiate Press

REDMOND, Wash. (AP) -- During a recent shopping trip to Nordstrom, 11-year-old Ella Gunderson became frustrated with all the low-cut hip-huggers and skintight tops. So she wrote to the Seattle-based chain's executives to complain. The industry has been getting the message: A more modest look is in, fashion experts say.
The shy, bespectacled redhead has since become an instant media darling, appearing on national television over the past two weeks to promote modest fashions instead of the saucy looks popularized by the likes of Britney Spears.

``We like to call this new girl Miss Modesty,'' said Gigi Solif Schanen, fashion editor at Seventeen magazine. ``It's such a different feeling but still very pretty and feminine and sexy. It's just a little more covered up.''

Shoppers are starting to see higher waistlines and lower hemlines, and tweeds, fitted blazers and layers are expected to be big this fall, Schanen said.

``It's kind of like a sexy take on a librarian,'' she said. ``I think people are tired of seeing so much skin and want to leave a little more to the imagination.''

The Web sites ModestApparelUSA.com and ModestByDesign.com -- where the slogan is ``Clothing your father would be proud of'' -- report that sales have skyrocketed over the past 18 months.

Many youngsters are frustrated by the profusion of racy teenage clothing, according to Buzz Marketing, a New Jersey-based firm that compiles feedback from teen advisers.

``There is just sensory overload. Kids are going to say enough already,'' said Buzz's 24-year-old chief executive, Tina Wells. ``The next big trend I see is kids are going to look like monks.''

In 2002, a group of Arizona teens submitted a petition to the Phoenix division of the Dillard's department store chain asking for more modest clothes. The chain began carrying more conservative styles.

Nordstrom spokeswoman Deniz Anders said the company has been hearing for about two years from customers who want more modest looks, and Nordstrom tries to carry a broad array of styles in its stores.

The arrival of the modest look is good news for Ella, who last week participated in a sold-out ``Pure Fashion'' show in Bellevue with 37 other girls belonging to a :blink: Roman Catholic youth organization.

Ella, who paraded down the catwalk in a long-sleeved pink top and a shiny pink skirt, hopes the fashion show -- and her letter -- will prompt some change.

``There can be more than one look,'' the Redmond youngster said in an interview while wearing a loose Pure Fashion T-shirt, jeans and hot pink flip-flops. ``Everybody should have lots of choices.''

To ad a visual aid to the article Lena posted, here's that malcontent Ella Gunderson:

capt.wass10106021632.modest_clothing_wass101.jpg

who in my opinion looks just like Richard D. James of Aphex Twin:

aphex1.jpeg

hmmm....so the gucci footwear ad is actually international? Can anyone post a pic?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Derekz7
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->