Gucci Cruise 2025 London

What's wrong with the soundtrack ?
Edit: I think the collab with Mark Ronson is maybe the best thing SdS has offered in 14 months...

I laughed so hard when I was watching that trainwreck. SdS is a fashion equivalent to "Live, Laugh, Love" in home decor. He is blunt, uninspiring, cringy. I won't be commenting on the show much bc it is the same merch over and over again. You've guys said it all: MCG at Gucci, devoid of any substance etc. I agree with all of it. Now I can't wait for the reviews of prepaid "fashion commentators" and then sales reports. After this "show" I'm sure he will get sacked in 2024.

Also, no menswear? Surprising. Two runway collections for menswear a year seems pretty bleak for a house like Gucci, no?

What's wrong with the soundtrack ?
It's not even a remark about the songs themselves as there's nothing wrong with them, but in the context of Sabato's Gucci, hearing things like 'I just want you to listen / I just want to explain things / I'm not looking for reactions / I'm not looking for acceptance' adds a whole new level of cringe.

Gosh this is hard to watch. He got absolutely no clue what he's doing here. No voice, no vision, no direction. It's so dire that they're even trying to throw some (early) Alessandro in the mix to see if it sticks, which is hilarious given everything that happened.

If at least they had some strong accessories to stay afloat, but the shoes and bags are somehow even worse than the clothes.

Also, no menswear? Surprising. Two runway collections for menswear a year seems pretty bleak for a house like Gucci, no?
I think that was one of the reason Alessandro got fired.... The suits didn't want co-ed (and genderfluid) shows. They asked Alessandro to stop co-ed and he refused...

I think that was one of the reason Alessandro got fired.... The suits didn't want co-ed (and genderfluid) shows. They asked Alessandro to stop co-ed and he refused...
That’s the only thing I’m going to give Sabato Of Disgrace. I hate mixed shows.

A parade of stuff…
Tbh, I was going with an open mind. It’s too merchandised oriented for me. You see all the categories and it’s so obvious!

The worst thing about the collection is the styling!
You can make boring clothes but style them in a fabulous way. Here it was a complete mess. So many sets! Why? Can we stop with the sets!?

However I have to say that I loved the suede Jackie and some of the ballet flats.

But overall, there’s something quite terrible with having a merchandise oriented collection with no real desirable merchandise to show.

All I can see here is a sad parade of broke art students, who sleep in a couch at a friend´s house and get their clothes at the Salvation Army store, going to the nearest supermarket to get some discounted groceries.
So this is what London means to him: I look broke; but my whole outfit cost more than your parents house.

The "elevation" of Gucci feels like "let´s elevate it as much as we can, so we can crash it powerfully to the ground!".

PS. United Kingdom should confiscate Sabato´s passport.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->