Gucci Cruise 2025 London

Hmmm, it's all over the place and what does this have to do with any of the teasers shown..

I think he has had enough time at the house to find his footing and I don't think it will get any better unfortunately. There is no direction

Why did they fire Alessandro to give us Alessandro-lite? I think he should have remained Head of Studio or whatever his position was.

The collection is bad, inoffensive, not interesting in the least bit. Why is he saying in the press release that this collection was romantic. I don't see any romance, any passion or energy.

The styling leaves a lot to be desired. I don't think Sabato knows who he is as a designer and he's also too nice to stand up to execs which is probably why they picked him.

Everything has already pretty much been said, it's too much merchandise. I actually think there are cute things here and there but meh. It's bad for Gucci.

All I can see here is a sad parade of broke art students, who sleep in a couch at a friend´s house and get their clothes at the Salvation Army store, going to the nearest supermarket to get some discounted groceries.
So this is what London means to him: I look broke; but my whole outfit cost more than your parents house.

The "elevation" of Gucci feels like "let´s elevate it as much as we can, so we can crash it powerfully to the ground!".

PS. United Kingdom should confiscate Sabato´s passport.
The "elevated" part of the show was the absence of obvious monogram... and some very heavy embroideries to look more expensive, from a distance.

Not as appalling as Ancora, but clearly they have no idea what to do with Gucci. This show’s been a Frankenstein of different labels. There are some pieces them that might sell, but why not just go straight to Chloé or Celine?

Investors are getting impatient, even if this sells isn’t it a bit too late then?

Its like a sloppy collection by the Gap in it's effort to imitate Chloe, but with Chloe prices lol. There is nothing desirable about sloppy jeans, boxy skirts , its all sooo juvenile, this brand has truly fallen , under Tom Ford it was dark sexy glamour and now its Tele Tubbies. The shoes and bags are atrocious! He definitely going to be thrown out soon.

We must get this man out of here.... I'd rather see a retail version of a high-end runway piece than to see this in stores. Blah Blah Blah its a cruise collection but when your seasonal rtw pieces look like they belong in one big cruise show there's a problem.

so much of this I don't understand:
-why show in a stark art space and then fill it up with greenery?
-why show this collection at Tate? If it was supposed to be romantic, wouldn't there have been other, better suited places?
-the melancholic music did not make sense with the environment nor the collection
-why show a collection that is so obviously merchandised at this moment when it is blatantly clear that it's the exact opposite thats needed?
-why the slow pace?
This show had to win over an increasingly doubtful and disinterested public, but it felt like no-one inside Gucci has an idea of how to address the situation. It's heartbreaking, and definitely not what this mythical brand deserves.

Any idea what’s happening in the third slide? I understand they're trying to create a “buzz” with such an oddly casted front row, but what’s going on behind them??

Last edited:
It’s a cliché, but, I don’t like when a designer doesn’t embody the clothes he is presenting on the runway.
Sabato is dressed like a Zara sales person.
What is this look honey?

You remember Tom Ford or Alessandro Michele taking their bows ? They both embodied their beautiful visions of Gucci.

The way he is prancing is bit cringe too…

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willxxx
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->