Gucci Cruise 2025 London

Wow, I didn’t expect him to be that arrogant! This guy is beyond delusional but has the depth of a little puddle in the middle of the street.

His references, his choices, his Instagram, his collections and his campaigns are the definition of “basic”. I will always get suprised by how far these empty-brain people that in a normal world would be a stylist assistant can go.

Wow, I didn’t expect him to be that arrogant! This guy is beyond delusional but has the depth of a little puddle in the middle of the street.

His references, his choices, his Instagram, his collections and his campaigns are the definition of “basic”. I will always get suprised by how far these empty-brain people that in a normal world would be a stylist assistant can go.

Fashion designers have always possessed this hilarious delusion of grandeur that has them (and a handful of their sycophants) convinced they’re the Second Coming-- when even the greatest of them are nothing more than glorified dressmakers and tailors.

Frankly, the less that’s heard from, and seen of Sabato, the stronger his mediocrity would actually come across. Kering really should rebrand him as the elusive and shy CD, as LVMH has learned to do with that other charmless man, Kim: Sabato’s devastatingly… charmless. Once he’s no longer sold as some visionary, the product is acceptable as very polite, commercial, unoriginal merch that’s been shown a million times already by other brands, from highend to fastfashion… And that’s not much different from what Frida offered. Except, as Lola mentioned, Frida’s much less limited in her creative in design. (Admittedly, I watched a Gucci show from 2005 without realizing that she was already the designer, and thinking how commercial, how high end department-store it all looked; which was so out of place for Tom… It was nice enough, just very much a safe, polite, and conservative Tom Ford as interpreted by a department store’s team of designers.)

Sabato’s Gucci is now up there with Coach and Coach Factory— and that’s not hyperbole. And along with the logo/monogram merch that still exists from Alessandro’s era, Kering's strategy seems to be plague the market with easy-to-manufacture, easy-to-wear fashions for everybody, while hitting their greedy 99 billion annual goal. And that’s all good—but don’t attempt to trick the consumer it’s anything more than merch they've seen a million times before. We are witnessing the end of high fashion, and the reign of mediocrity: Sabato, McGirr, Virginie… and we thought it couldn’t get worse with Kim Jones, Matthew Williams, Harris Reed LOL

Just invest in the holy trinity of Fabien//Karl/Pat to conjure the campaigns to to somewhat elevate all the mediocrity.

^^^ Of course! Always listen to Lola... Learn it kidz

^^
For what is worth, Sabato is technically ahead of Frida when it comes to design even if she is superior in terms of creative direction…

But at the same time, is Frida is our barometer, we wouldn’t get far…
funny thing they hang out they told me and she give him advice even i could not believe how stupid that sounds but not surprised by both ...its like combine their brains and you might have a complete competent vision for a CD

funny thing they hang out they told me and she give him advice even i could not believe how stupid that sounds but not surprised by both ...its like combine their brains and you might have a complete competent vision for a CD
I wouldn’t be surprised. She is friend with them (Pierpaolo and MGC). They made her wedding outfit so she probably know Sabato.

Finally had a chance to see details on vogue runway and I feel like showing three ugly *** (oversized cheapened hardware Jackie, new shapeless Blondie and this fishnet plastic Ikea reedition) models of bags for 54 looks isn’t the smartest way to boost accessories sales but on the other hand who I am to judge…

Alessandro Michele gave us so many emotions. Sometimes it was a bit too intense for me but at least it made me feel something. It started a conversation. He experimented.
And let’s not forget his great shows : the twins, the airport show, the backstage show, the one in Paris… Many memorable moments. And all those iconic/cinematographic campaigns.

SADbato is serving nothing.

I hate to have to take up for Sabato but for people complaining about him smiling and being happy, do you expect him to come out for his bow like a wallflower and exhibit insecurities. That would be a worse look.

He likely knows that he is in over his head, suffering from imposter syndrome and was offered the opportunity of a lifetime.

It's such a silly critique.
I think I take back what I said about him being insecure and having imposter syndrome after reading some of his comments on IG.

I kind of didn't expect that either especially from the way Gucci is trying to market him as this polite gentle designer who is the opposite of Alessandro.

I think I take back what I said about him being insecure and having imposter syndrome after reading some of his comments on IG.

I kind of didn't expect that either especially from the way Gucci is trying to market him as this polite gentle designer who is the opposite of Alessandro.
what did he comment on IG ?

Most of these 'VIP' guests were quite random
Kate is a YSL woman, Dua is still screaming Versace and Soo Joo is a Chanel girl
They really need to be more selective who they are dressing and inviting to the show

I am not a fan of Bad Bunny, Kendall, Bella, or Paul Mescal, but where were they?

^^^ Paul was there. The only thing that was memorable about the event LOL

84825635-13414551-image-a-290_1715648361707.jpg

Most of these 'VIP' guests were quite random
Kate is a YSL woman, Dua is still screaming Versace and Soo Joo is a Chanel girl
They really need to be more selective who they are dressing and inviting to the show

I am not a fan of Bad Bunny, Kendall, Bella, or Paul Mescal, but where were they?

It all looks forced. Clearly just a random selection of celebrities to market to the audience they attract. It screams “I was paid to be here!!” I’m sure handpicks a portion of the vips, hence why it looks random

Paul Mescal seems to be genuinely fond of SDS and enjoys hanging out with him, which is a bit mind-boggling bc SDS is pretty much the single uncoolest person he’s associated with. Maybe there’s a side of him we’re not seeing, bc the only thing more dull than his work so far, has been this heavily curated personality.

^^^ Paul was there. The only thing that was memorable about the event LOL

84825635-13414551-image-a-290_1715648361707.jpg
My bad, but this just shows the Gucci problem isn't only the designs
but also the VIP commutations and marketing social media team
They should have featured him heavily in the YouTube promote

Also what a tragic look, but no logo? I can't tell its Gucci without a logo
Looks more like Saint Laurent to me lol

Okay, I am done criticising Gucci for this month...

Sabato’s Gucci is now up there with Coach and Coach Factory— and that’s not hyperbole. And along with the logo/monogram merch that still exists from Alessandro’s era, Kering's strategy seems to be plague the market with easy-to-manufacture, easy-to-wear fashions for everybody, while hitting their greedy 99 billion annual goal. And that’s all good—but don’t attempt to trick the consumer it’s anything more than merch they've seen a million times before. We are witnessing the end of high fashion, and the reign of mediocrity: Sabato, McGirr, Virginie… and we thought it couldn’t get worse with Kim Jones, Matthew Williams, Harris Reed LOL
As someone brave enough to admit they on tFS that they a) own a Coach bag and b) use it pretty regularly. Sue me! I don't care. It's FINE for what it is. I'd be willing to argue that Coach in 2024 is actually MORE desirable after their rebranding than Gucci right now. 😬 🤭 The new Coach seems to be Kate Spade from what I witness in my fashion wasteland and their offerings are much more bearable than Gucci's. (I'm also a woman who generally exclusively likes and only purchases black leather bags and am feeling brave about maybe buying a BROWN purse from another [redacted] luxury brand, so who knows).

eh. While ancora is paper thin i understand its a runway line. It has like a fantasy 1960s energy. This set at the tanks with the greenery has almost james bond supervillain lair vibe.

sabatos ig was very clear - when i reviewed it at his appointment - that he would do retro movie themes… so i wonder if the gucci execs are unhappy since hes giving them what he advertised. If ancora is selling out and the stuff that isnt selling is old michele/design team then Im not sure if he will be fired.

overall the collection goes with Celine and NG LV. (IMO the most relevant brands) which Micheles clothes never went with anything other than more Gucci. Thats a good thing to expand the customer base … they still offer the michele intensity in store as I guess its become timeless collection.

I think guccis PR is doing an amazing job and are the only department pulling their weight. Everyone knows Ancora.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Giuliagiachetti
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->