Gucci F/W 2023.24 : Vittoria Ceretti & Aboubakar Konte by David Sims

EXCELLENT! I absolutely love this. A convergence of Alessandro's Gucci and some of that Tom Ford influence on simplicity. I am ready for the Gucci revival under new direction. One of the best storied houses in all of fashion.

Didn't care much for the previous maximalist direction, but this looks too parred down, just change the logos and its a Fendi or Dior Men ad with the drab background. Vittoria really saves it here, but they will need a lot more than this. I am assuming this is not under the direction of the new creative director so it is like just an interim campaign while they settle into the new imagery.

Not sure how I'm able to loathe the menswear portion of the campaign, when I am sat here a little obsessed with those photos of Vittoria Ceretti which are so overtly similar. They feel FAR superior than the mens offering by David Sims, perhaps it's just because I find Ceretti a terrific model. Very much excited for more now... a right turn of events! :heart:

Not sure how I'm able to loathe the menswear portion of the campaign, when I am sat here a little obsessed with those photos of Vittoria Ceretti which are overtly similar. They feel FAR superior than the mens offering by David Sims, perhaps it's just because I find Ceretti a terrific model. Very much excited for more now... a right turn of events! :heart:
I think the basicness of the mens is because they are trying to reach as big an audience as possible, since that category has fallen short in sales, so they over, shamefully.

more of Vittoria

IMG_8405.jpeg IMG_8404.jpeg IMG_8402.jpeg IMG_8401.jpeg IMG_8404.jpeg IMG_8400.jpeg IMG_8399.jpeg IMG_8398.jpeg IMG_8397.jpeg IMG_8395.jpeg IMG_8396.jpeg

Instagram

this mix of amazing with basic almost leaves me cold but some of the shots are incredible so I’ll focus on the good only

Vittoria is having quite the season, campaign-wise. She’s a/the standout in the ads for Gucci, Ferragamo, Michael Kors, and Balenciaga.

Vittoria is having quite the season, campaign-wise. She’s a/the standout in the ads for Gucci, Ferragamo, Michael Kors, and Balenciaga.
Good for her, she delivers here but this Gucci is still terrible. The menswear show was uninspired, the womenswear show was more exciting (at least above my expectations), but this campaign has nothing of the slight excitement of the womenswear show. No concept at all, dull styling, dreary photography, and the worst offender imho is that greenish background, which honestly reminds me of vomit...

Absolutely no point in doing a campaign if it's for it to look like that. Gucci has the money to make up for boring clothes with money to produce great images. Such a shame they did not. The layout is dreadful too. The font they used is very "mockup made on Keynote". And the italic?! What the hell. Also- I respect David Sims, his early work is wonderful, but that's just a whole lot of nothing. Point and shoot, no approach.

Good for her, she delivers here but this Gucci is still terrible. The menswear show was uninspired, the womenswear show was more exciting (at least above my expectations), but this campaign has nothing of the slight excitement of the womenswear show. No concept at all, dull styling, dreary photography, and the worst offender imho is that greenish background, which honestly reminds me of vomit...

Overall it’s pretty bland, I agree. But there are some standout shots, Vittoria looks good, and I like the green. Flipping through the September issues last week, some of those images left some impression, which is rare for campaigns this season…

That being said, maybe this simplicity is meant to be a palate cleanser for a bold new visual attitude/identity starting with the new regime? Ehhh, I won’t get my hopes up.

well... i LOVE the film. dynamic in a good way. does anyone know the music?

now I wonder... this intermediate campaign between one creative director and another. Sabato will follow that same aesthetic or radicalize it all again

well... i LOVE the film. dynamic in a good way. does anyone know the music?

now I wonder... this intermediate campaign between one creative director and another. Sabato will follow that same aesthetic or radicalize it all again
‘Brakhage’ by Stereolab

Maybe shooting inside the elevator or make the elevator part of the ad would have been a better idea…

‘Brakhage’ by Stereolab
According to Wikipedia, the song is about “consumerist desire”!

We need so damn many things
To keep our dazed lives going
Many things, to keep our lives
Lives going, so many things
(We need so damn, we need so damn many things)
To keep our stupid lives going

Sabato will follow that same aesthetic or radicalize it all again
While, it's obvious that Gucci is looking for something more mass appeal with Sabato, Kering brands seem to have very distinct identities. I imagine that the offering itself will be quite straightforward, with the vision being mostly directed towards the show settings, campaigns, web and social.
According to Wikipedia, the song is about “consumerist desire”!

To keep our dazed lives going
Many things, to keep our lives
Lives going, so many things
(We need so damn, we need so damn many things)
To keep our stupid lives going
The absolute irony of Kering's cash cow using this song.

LOVE the film.
Vittoria is amazing, but as someone of Italian descent myself, I may just be bias!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tws
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->