Gucci F/W 2024.25 Milan

Sabato is a talented designer but he doesn't have it to carry a brand such as Gucci. He's great for the behind the scenes or even for a smaller brand. As others have stated, it all looks like Valentino. Gucci is going to be less focused on the fashion proposition and more about the product which they might achieve based on this.

I'll start by focusing on the good: I like the boots and the bamboo handle bag. There are two looks in particular that showed some potential, which were the orange and black coat looks w/ the GG button, paired with the boots, towards the end. They were luxurious in that classic jet-set, but with a tinge of tackiness (that I appreciate for Gucci).

The weak (and I'm saying this as acceptance of what Sabato was hired to do) come from factors that could so easily be fixed: better casting, better set design, better music, better hair/makeup, and much better styling (replace the stylist). And please no more of the platforms and those late 2010s sunglasses (sidenote: did anyone watch Madame Web? Jumpscare when the Gucci Ancora sunglasses were placed in the movie in a not-so-subtle way).

Last edited:
My expectations were very low after his debut collection and this collection is more or less what I expected, extremely forgettable and hardly worth even discussing.

Still, I'm surprised by the extremely low production values of the set, casting, styling and overall presentation. Last season I thought it was mostly due to the last minute location change but now I guess not making any effort is part of the overall strategy. Such a complete non-event, hard to believe it's a show for a brand with a nearly 10bn euro revenue.
That's one thing they can definitely learn from Dior, to at least pretend it's something worthwhile.

Gucci is indeed one of the "old money" brands with huge history of serving the elite and the royalty, and one cannot just erase that and make the brand cool and flood it with youngsters. Michele made it fresh and 'cool', yet he always carefully included more mature and classic models into his shows and campaigns.
Agree with most of your analysis but disagree with this. Michele targeted teens with pointed conciseness. Almost all of his models were practically unknown teens that looked like they played dress up in their grandparents attic. He used his seniors pretty much like props, like he did with taxidermy. Either representing crazy grannies or magical fashion wizards. Never mature people in their prime and in that sense it was completely void of sexuality. The last years of his tenure this slightly evolved but truly bringing sex back into Gucci will take a while. I see these two first collections as a successful first step in this course correct.

Anyway this collection is adequate, I vastly prefer this over Burberry, both suffer from the same reset ambitions.

Last edited:
I have chosen to ignore this Valentino diffusion line 2.0 ...
Sabato de Sarno makes it easy for us to ignore that Gucci exists.
He's doomed to be replaced sooner or later.
If this collection sells, which it is anticipated to do, then he’ll be around until it doesn’t anymore. It’s a bit early to call for Sabato’s removal before sales figures are even in for the first collection. Just because you personally dislike it doesn’t mean it won’t be successful. Let’s remember that our opinions don’t matter; sales do.

I adont mind this at all even though a few of the pieces should have been skipped. I love the pieces with the shimmery detail and the pastels

something in the styling feels off. I wished he works with someone else.

This is kinda dull and safe. The styling was boring too. I mean, I don't find it essentially 'bad', but it isn't interesting at all, I wouldn't pay a riddiculous amount of money for anything of this collection

We need to stop doing the most on Frida! She is so underrated and would never put this out.
Frida Giannini put a pink and white polo shirt tucked into low rise skinny black pants and loafers on the runway.
Revisionism will never make me say that she was so great at Gucci! I will never allow myself to convince me that!
But I will always say that her talent in accessories was unmatched and her clothes probably belong elsewhere.

If we are starting to defend Frida’s Gucci, who tells me that in 7 years people would not defend Kim Jones’s Fendi and Virginie’s Chanel.

We got to do better! LOL

Frida Giannini put a pink and white polo shirt tucked into low rise skinny black pants and loafers on the runway.
Revisionism will never make me say that she was so great at Gucci! I will never allow myself to convince me that!
But I will always say that her talent in accessories was unmatched and her clothes probably belong elsewhere.

If we are starting to defend Frida’s Gucci, who tells me that in 7 years people would not defend Kim Jones’s Fendi and Virginie’s Chanel.

We got to do better! LOL
Maybe her clothes weren’t that exceptional, but I feel like she had a few hits (FW 06, 08, 12), and her taste level was quite refined.

Also her Gucci had a cohesive image. ANCORA is all over the place. You have Daria in one ad and another is DKNY mess.

We got to do better! LOL
YES!!!!!!

He showed the collection in the same venue that Valentino did for their SS21 “Collezione Milano”?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kyemeritus
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->