Gucci "Forever Now" : Charlotte Casiraghi by Peter Lindbergh

GUCCI has named Charlotte Casiraghi as its latest star muse. The 25-year-old granddaughter of Grace Kelly will front the Italian label's Forever Now campaign, which launched last year to celebrate its 90th anniversary and focuses on the brand's rich history.
A committed horse-rider and show-jumper herself, Casiraghi will appear in a four-part series of images taken by Vogue photographer Peter Lindbergh - all of which reference the equestrian theme that Gucci has long counted a signature.
This isn't the first time Casiraghi has worked with the famed Italian house - for the past two years, Gucci has created the uniforms for her show-jumping team during the annual Global Champions Tour. The company's designs were also worn by Casiraghi's late grandmother, the Princess of Monaco.
Read more about Casiraghi's new Gucci appointment in the April issue of Vanity Fair.
*Vogue.co.uk

Making of

Yesterday, we brought you the exciting news that Charlotte Casiraghi is the new face of Gucci — and as if by magic, the first image has just popped into our inbox this morning. Doesn't the Princess of Monaco look utterly sumptuous?

With her mega brows and pouty pout, Charlotte makes an ideal muse for the Italian fashion house. And is that a hay bale the young princess is leaning against? Yep, instead of the glitziness we've come to expect from Gucci (and indeed the royal family), this campaign has a very wind-swept-on-a-summer-evening kinda vibe. How refreshing!

And the behind the scenes video we've been treated to verifies exactly that. Charlotte casually frolicks about with her beloved horse while her brunette hair swishes about wildly (we love how her tresses are of the naturally tousled rather than perfectly preened variety). She looks elegant yet undone in a blood-red blazer with a forest green scarf tied around her head, bandana-style. Can you imagine K-Midd doing anything of the like? Nope, us neither.

As our Gucci friends inform us, Charlotte is the star of their new Forever Now advertising campaign series conceived by Creative Director Frida Giannini in collaboration with the young royal herself. Over the course of the next two years, the campaign will see the 25-year-old portrayed by four of the world’s most respected photographers in a series of sittings celebrating the Italian brand’s renowned icons. Wowzers.
*Graziadaily.co.uk

Very pretty. Charlotte is and looks gorgeous. Also, I love those colors.

She's so alluring..

Timeless beauty. Modern allure. No one captures the dual spirit of Gucci better than Charlotte Casiraghi. Beginning this month, the accomplished equestrian and longtime friend of the House will be the protagonist in Gucci’s new “Forever Now” campaign. Over the next two years, four different acclaimed photographers will capture Ms. Casiraghi in a series of images that celebrate Gucci icons. We begin this month with the inaugural sitting, shot on location in a stable by renowned lensman Peter Lindbergh. Evocative yet intimate, the image showcases the instantly recognizable Gucci green and red stripe. Here, the images.

-Facebook/Gucci

What a beauty Charlotte is. I love the styling, and the photography is gorgeous as well.

i love it, love mood, love colours, love her relaxed handsome face, but that`s so strange combo: Charlotte+ Lindberg+Gucci, really...
however ads themselves just scream aristocracy & modesty

btw, so how many images it supposed to be totally this time? press-release tells nothing about this.

i gree that its pretty but has a more Hermes/Burberry vibe than gUCCI

^maybe gucci just wants to engage this market segment as well
(before Tom gucci was this kind of luxury and classic brand for italian aristocracy, i mean before their troubles) Frida is always for 70`s Gucci vibe and spirit and always wanted to re-create this oldschool image of the brand which was kinda hard after tom`s `emperorship`

:heart: this campaign. The first shot is so beautiful and I like the vintage feeling as well.

The photo with the horse look very Testino in Vogue US

I think her head looks a bit big compared to the rest of her body but I do like the vintage feeling it has.

I think these are great... definitely in line with the old, classic Gucci...
which definitely had more of an equestrian vibe with their horse-bit motif etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
triplesilversilversilver
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->