Gucci Retrial

softgrey

flaunt the imperfection
Reaction score
THE GUCCI RETRIAL

PATRIZIA REGGIANI, who was jailed in 1998 for ordering the murder of her estranged husband, Maurizio Gucci, is to be retried. Reggiani, who was nicknamed The Black Widow by the Italian press, was sentenced to 26 years in prison after hiring a hitman to kill her husband in March 1995 after a disagreement over her alimony payment. She has always maintained her innocence. Grandson of the founder of the Gucci empire, Maurizio was gunned down outside his Milan office in March 1995. Reggiani's daughter previously appealed for her mother's release on the grounds that her ability to reason had been affected by an earlier operation to remove a brain tumour. Her lawyer, Danilo Buongiorno, told Reuters that the new hearing would begin on July 6 in Mestre, northern Italy. (June 1 2004, AM)

vogue.uk

Hm, thanks for sharing Softgrey. :flower: It's actually quite interesting; I guess ... I've been reading "The House of Gucci" by Sara Forden recently. It's a very complicated case, but I'd like to follow this one ... it is going to be ... interesting.

This whole mess is partially what drew me into Gucci when I was a kid :ninja:

Wow - bring the memories flooding back. :ninja:

I've been reading "The House of Gucci" by Sara Forden

will try and find this book. It would be interesting to know more about the case.

:flower:

Very interesting. I will be watching for this story come July. I read that book last Summer. Wow! Talk about a great story. It was also very informative on the whole Ford/DeSole part as well. I felt like I learned a lot of business savvy and read a murder mystery all at once.

thanks for sharing, softgrey :flower:
indeed interesting.

in a twisted way this will probably be good for sales..it may keep the gucci name in the media and therefore on people's minds...might actually make the transition after ford a bit easier...more drama attached to the gucci name...and we know how fashionistas love drama...:flower: :P :innocent:

Originally posted by softgrey@Jun 2nd, 2004 - 12:40 am
in a twisted way this will probably be good for sales..it may keep the gucci name in the media and therefore on people's minds...might actually make the transition after ford a bit easier...more drama attached to the gucci name...and we know how fashionistas love drama...:flower: :P :innocent:
so so so true...

Originally posted by Fashionism@Jun 1st, 2004 - 5:25 pm
Hm, thanks for sharing Softgrey. :flower: It's actually quite interesting; I guess ... I've been reading "The House of Gucci" by Sara Forden recently. It's a very complicated case, but I'd like to follow this one ... it is going to be ... interesting.
That is a good book. Informative. Scary, but informative.

I think she did it and knew what she was doing, too.... anyone else agree? Even Pina testified against her :doh:

Originally posted by TheSoCalledPrep+Jun 2nd, 2004 - 4:27 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (TheSoCalledPrep @ Jun 2nd, 2004 - 4:27 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Fashionism@Jun 1st, 2004 - 5:25 pm
That is a good book. Informative. Scary, but informative.

I think she did it and knew what she was doing, too.... anyone else agree? Even Pina testified against her :doh: [/b][/quote]
Couldn't agree more.

Originally posted by Alliecat@Jun 1st, 2004 - 6:37 pm
Wow - bring the memories flooding back. :ninja:

I've been reading "The House of Gucci" by Sara Forden

will try and find this book. It would be interesting to know more about the case.

:flower:
I'm reading this at the moment. So much controversy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
noircheese
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->