Guys Help I Have The Urge To Buy A Fake....

Originally posted by BBabe@Sep 4 2004, 04:02 AM
How much do you really think it costs them to make a scarf?
[snapback]356133[/snapback]​
Well, you can find less-expensive name cashmere scarfs for under $50 on sale. There's probably still a hundred percent markup there. So my guess would be under twenty dollars. If anyone knows for sure, please correct me. I'd love to know.

How bout these Dolce and Gabbana scarf? They're only $40:

P138104.jpg

http://www.overstock.com/cgi-bin/d2.cgi?PA...&PROD_ID=815145

Originally posted by Theory@Aug 21 2004, 06:18 PM
Otherwise, places like Loehmanns and various websites like Smartbargains and Overstock get the lambswool one and sell it for about $50.
Yeah, I remember seeing it at Loehmann's

So yeah. I bought my winter coat. And its black and white houndstooth (from Ann Taylor Loft). And so the novacheck tan scarf wouldn't really go with it. Therefore I can save up for another year.

Get a cheap one from ebay. If it's a fake, who cares, if it's authentic, yippee!

A friend of mine has bought like 3 Burberry scarves from ebay, and it's impossible to tell wether they're authentic or not. :smile:

Originally posted by hotpinky@Aug 21 2004, 01:05 AM
i'd rather give $20 to a businessperson in China who does eBay than give $200 to the Burberry overpricing thieves. =)

Wow, now that's something nice. I hope you realise this "businessperson in China" will pay about US$0,20 to the person who actually made the scarf.

heads up on the fake stuff:
Be aware of the website called luleeta.com, denimboutique,jeans co. They sell fake designer jeans such as seven, citizen, etc. They claim their stuff is 100% real, but it's not. I was one of the many victim from that website. First, you have to harrass them before you receive your item, they will charge you first before it's even shipped and you can never contact them on the phone and they never answer you email. Also be aware of any website that claim to give you 40-60% off designer jeans etc. If it sounds too good to be true, then it is. Be very cautious.

scandinavianchic said:
Get a cheap one from ebay. If it's a fake, who cares, if it's authentic, yippee!

A friend of mine has bought like 3 Burberry scarves from ebay, and it's impossible to tell wether they're authentic or not. :smile:

Unfortunatly chances are it's fake :( The authentic ones are noticably more expensive than the majority on eBay.

I'd say if you really want one, maybe go for an inspired one from like the Gap or something? I'm pretty sure they should be easy to find :smile:

TheSoCalledPrep said:
1. Counterfeiting robs the U.S. alone of more than $200 billion a year. It's a cash, tax-free business; legitimate citizens like yourself will still get stuck paying taxes, while counterfeiters line their pockets at your expense.

2. Terrorists, gangs and organized crime syndicates all profit from selling counterfeit merchandise. Sometimes designer handbag knockoffs are lined with drugs and used for smuggling things like heroin, too. There is also evidence that the bombing of the World Trade Center in '93 was funded by the sale of counterfeit apparel.

Haha, this is so ironic...I'm doing a mid-term paper on how Organized Crime effects everyday people and I think you just majorely helped me! :lol:

If you really check out the auctions on ebay you might be able to tell which are fake and which arent...there are always a few here and there that are definately real ones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magfag
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->