Guys With Earrings

Discussion in 'More Accessories' started by sbbbjm, Jan 17, 2004.

1. brian

brian New Member

:heart: :heart:

2. Lena

Lena etre soi-meme

ahh it reminds me of Nick Cave's rings :heart:

3. LadyIllusion

LadyIllusion New Member

Some earrings on men can look sexy, just like bald heads are sexy :kiss: :heart:

4. lele

lele New Member

wanted to add that my husband too was a child of the 80's and adorned a stud - remember how during that time if you wore it on your right side (or was it the left) it was supposed to suggest your sexual orientation....... huh?????? yeah laugh every time i see that little hole in his lobe..... i thought i would share that.... even though i dont like it i married someone that used to have one! AND i think i might have liked it, "back then"....

5. Acid

Acid yes

im not a big fan of guys wearing earings :unsure:

i certainly couldnt wear them anyway

6. strawberry daiquiri

strawberry daiquiri seagreen serenades

Omg, trip down the memory lane... my now departed grandmother heard something of this down at the bingo hall and refused from then till her death, to wear a full pair. She didn't understand the reasoning, but she fought it till the end.

7. Plumour

Plumour New Member

haha, my brother has bald head, and earrings :p

back to the topic-
    I'm ok with guys who wear earrings, as long as they are not the long & fancy pieces or HUGE diamond studs :ninja:

8. TrailerCouture

TrailerCouture New Member

it really depends on the dude, some men look wretched some look extremely sexy, it depends on their style and look. Has any one seen girl with the pearl earing?

9. enrichi

enrichi New Member

My boss wears smallish and thickish hoops with the pride colours, two in one ear and one in the other. Sort of funny given how distinguished looking he is in every other respect. And when I say distinguished, I am choosing to ignore his "crotchy pants," as we call them.

He says that displaying the goods is just something gay men do... all the time.

Who knew? Not I.

10. ChinaLove

ChinaLove New Member

I think when men reach a certain age, they should give up on wearing earrings. There's something about a 40 year old man with a single stud in his ear that looks creepy... :sick:

Anyone else agree?

11. banana

banana New Member

I find helix piercings really sexy on some guys but other than that, I'd say no to earings on men. Too eighties. :ninja:

12. SoJess

SoJess New Member

Hmmm . . . I'm torn:

I think "NO" for PDiddy, I think "OH YEAH" for Nick Hexum, another "UMM, NO" on Harrson Ford, but then a "HELL YES:" for David Beckham . . . depends on the man and how he rocks it, y'know?

13. As You Like It

As You Like It Proponent of Plaid

I think John Galliano is hotter than donut grease--that sort of piratical thing he has going.... hmm!

Some guys can wear the hell out of an earring or several. I knew a guy in college who wore some rather chunky snake-shaped hoops (they had tiny scales on them and tinytinytiny ruby chips for eyes) that were just the coolest things ever. Not everyone can work that kind of a look, but on this particular guy, it was perfect.

If you have a big head, or really flappy ears (like Prince Harry of England) or are otherwise really square and clean cut, earrings aren't going to work, but if you can do renegade, punkish, or dandified looks, then earrings are marvelous.

I do love when men have really distinctive, personalized styles.

14. Feline

Feline rock-chic

My boyfriend wears lots of earrings. He wears what are more like body rings, but in ears - no diamonds. (He'd have to buy them for me before himself!)

15. Girl54

Girl54 New Member

Don't mind them aslong as you can carry them off. Some men look right with them and then some need some serious help.

16. strawberry daiquiri

strawberry daiquiri seagreen serenades

I think I'm cursed by this thread... today I walked into/was walked into, by Larry Mullen (of U2) while he tried to shove his child into his little banger and his black cross of an earring distracting me on my travels :ninja:

17. tiffany

tiffany Active Member

I think guys look sexy with earrings :blush:

18. Spacemiu

Spacemiu New Member

I jamed a saftey pin threw my ear , it looked good, btu i didnt keep it.

19. sbbbjm

sbbbjm New Member

ditto -- very well said

20. sbbbjm

sbbbjm New Member

ooh yeah thats how i did mine back in high school. my mom said i would have to pierce my own ears if i wanted em pierced so i took her word for it. nearly passed out at the site of blood but i achieved the look i wanted! hmmmmm still debating whether or not to start wearing them again. i think my hair is a little too clean cut right now seeings i just had a trim a week ago.