Gwen Stefani L.A.M.B. Toasters?

clickmekate

Reaction score
does anyone have a Gwen Stefani LAMB toaster bag in lambi cami? I saw Cameron DIaz in a magazine with one lately, and I think I'd quite like one. Wanted to pick your brains about quality and IRL niceness though!
are they cute?
I think ebay is the only place to get them now, but there aren't any up at the moment. Anyone know ballpark how much they are? I just wanted to ask in case anyone can post some pictures or review them.

PS> anyone see the L.A.M.B. runway show? yuck and fugly IMHO!!!

LOL.
good luck!!
they retailed for $120..
i've seen them go on eBay for $400-$600...
it's a HIGHLY coveted bag.....

personally, lambi cami is one of my favorite prints in the bag.
they're made of a thick cotton ripstop, instead of the nylon that all lesportsac bags are made out of..
i have a hobo and it's held up so nicely....
i ALWAYS regret the day that i went to look at lambi cami bags in lord + taylor (the only place around me that carried the print), and i picked up the toaster....it was all stuffed so it looked so weird... and i say 'see? i don't like that....i'm not gonna get the toaster...i'm gonna get the hobo, which i know i like'..
but i regret it, cos i want the lambi cami toaster STILL.
i have the toaster in the donegal print, and it's my favorite LAMB bag.....they're so slouchy and awesome, and it fits a TON...

i had the first edition hobo and really wanted a lambi cami melrose tote. i went to macys and they had one left but i couldn't stand the fact that they had suddenly gained all kinds of popularity....i cant stand having the same bags as everyone else!! so i sold my first edition hobo, my white cash wallet and a tatoo tote band bag i had on ebay. but for the price, they are very durable and washable even w/ the leather. i heard she's going to do another bag line for her lamb line, not associated with lesportsac. i still think they're very cute bags and the trend has started to die down a bit, so if you can find one at a reasonable price, go for it!

maybe it's the area i'm in, but i never really saw the popularaity of the bags..
i mean, i know people will pay like $600 on a good day for a first season hobo and that $200 for one is considered a 'deal'...but i never saw an oversaturation of the bags around, so i never really got turned off by that.
i don't use my lamb bags anymore....and i'm thinking about selling them off. but for some reason, i just can't part with them

but yeah, she's doing a new bag line with l.a.m.b....it's supposed to range in price of $650 - $1600 (what i've heard is leather luxury bags)..which i think is a little crazy, and i probably won't be buying.....

but the eBay prices for lamb have definately gone down..for a while they were CRAZY. like...$250 for the prints that were sold at tjmaxx only a few months before..but they're still kinda inflated! a bag i was watching a couple weeks ago still went for $150, which was stilll like DOUBLE retail..
i've only bought one bag from eBay, (a donegal toaster, cos i loved the bag so much i wanted a double, incase..) it was $85..(my other donegal toaster, i got for $50 @ a bloomies clearance sale)..

i haven't seen a lambi cami toaster on eBay in a LOOOONG TIME. so i have NO idea what it would even go for right now...
prices seem to be going down in general for lamb...but the lambi cami sweaters...i've seen them go for $600+ and one even went as high as $1600!! people are CRAZY for lambi cami!! it's really insane..so who knows what a toaster would go for if it popped up..
(but for some reason, i know i could get some money, but i will NOT sell my hobo or tattoo tote that i have in the print......i love them too much, i think? or i feel special to have 'em..since they only made a limited amount in lambi cami...)

no wonder gwen thinks she can charge $650+ for a bag retail and people will buy it..
but see, my problem is...with lesportsac, her bags were more expensive than the reg lesportsacs, but they weren't really expensive at all, and the company had YEARS behind them, so i wasn't worried about quality....l.a.m.b..the quality of their clothes is sometimes questionable...doesn't make me wanna run out and buy a luxury bag from them...

Last edited by a moderator:
i feel the same way. i like her style, but her prices seem kinda outrageous to me, considering she hasn't had a design co. for very long at all. i sold my L.A.M.B. bags right at the peak of the ebay crazyness, and it was weird because a week after i sold mine, someone else had one listed and it barely went for over $200....i sold mine for almost $500. i kinda went through the same thing too, because i didn't want to get rid of it because i felt kinda cool having an original 1st edition, but all these teeeny boppers started carrying them and i couldn't stomach going out and seeing some spoilt little 13 carrying hers around. and then people thought they could start up conversations w/ me if thay had a L.A.M.B. bag too. i was in macy's and a mom and daughter just came up to me out of the blue and started a conversation and right there it weirded me out. im kinda excied to see the new bags she's doing but there's no fricken way i'd pay what she's asking for them.

agirlcalledk1ll said:
i have the toaster in the donegal print, and it's my favorite LAMB bag.....they're so slouchy and awesome, and it fits a TON...

lesportsac is still doing the 'toaster' style for the remix collection... but it's now called the 'mixer' ... and it's been modified a bit (pockets on the outside :heart:)... have you checked it out yet??

http://www.lesportsac.com/store/remix/fw/9213_4554.html

yes, brian, i've seen the mixer, i'm not sure how i feeel about the prints/metallics...
though the black on black one is very cute! i'l have to go check them out in person....

for clickmekate --
there's on on eBay right now...ends in 3 hrs, and it's only $255, lol. good deal, considering what they went for before......but who knows what it might go up to...

and yeah, some l.a.m.b fans are kinda......weird. lol.
they get OFFENDED if they go up to someone to say 'i love your bag' and the person is like 'oh thanks..' and doesn't wanna talk 'l.a.m.b bags' lol. SOOO ODD.
if someone says they like my bag, i say 'thanks' with a smile, and go on my way.. i don't wanna sit there and talk for hours...eventhough i probably COULD.. haha.
but yeah, they think l.a.m.b bags are some sort of ticket to talk up perfect strangers..

yah...well i did say thanks when she said my bag was cute...but she started asking me about shoes ( i was in the shoes dept.) and kept complimenting me on how cute the ones i picked out were...it did make me feel a little weird...there's a fine line between compliments and nice store talk and then annoying/uncomfortable conversation with a stranger who keeps talking after the "thank you" is complete.

agirlcalledk1ll said:
for clickmekate --
there's on on eBay right now...ends in 3 hrs, and it's only $255, lol. good deal, considering what they went for before......but who knows what it might go up to...

wah! thanks so much for posting that - i totally missed it but it only went for just over $300. I don't think people are paying the $400-500 they were anymore.
still looking out for one, but by the sounds of peoples comments, its probably going to be hard to track down...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vejjehejrh
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->