L.A.M.B. by Gwen Stefani for LeSportsac

LolitaLuxe

Vision of Paradise
Reaction score
from mtv news

Gwen Stefani is as much a fashion icon as a music icon, so it's no surprise the No Doubt singer is launching her own clothing line.

Dubbed L.A.M.B., Stefani's apparel line won't fully debut until spring of 2004, but the company is teaming with LeSportsac for a series of handbags and accessories due in stores September 1.

The line will feature 10 handbags and totes as well as eight other items, including wallets, cosmetic bags and, of course, a CD case, according to LeSportsac.

All of the L.A.M.B. accessories will be marked with Stefani's favorite words — music, angel, baby, love and lamb — in white Old English letters on black.

The bags will feature LeSportsac's signature rip-stop nylon along with a variety of antiqued metal hardware, leather trims and colorful linings. As a special musical touch, some of the bags will have woven guitar straps as handles.

Prices start at $20 and range up to $158 for a "tour bag" duffel.

yeah...im not too keen on words like "angel" or "baby" on a bag...sort of teeny bobbper-ish :? but i wonder what the line will look like..im very curious over the clothes.

somewhere else.. they were mentioning jewelry too... so we'll see...

=)

The bags will feature LeSportsac's signature rip-stop nylon along with a variety of antiqued metal hardware, leather trims and colorful linings. As a special musical touch, some of the bags will have woven guitar straps as handles.

I was so hesitant to like Gwen <span style='font-size:9'>b/c I don't like no doubt</span>...but I'm really starting to like her style now that I can see past the belly baring shirts and bikini tops.
These bags sound very cute!

Yes i've seen them. The ad's are out now. I don't like the graffitti style ones but she has some that alright. they are army green with a tab that has stripes on it. i'm explaining it very oddly but they're alright although i wouldn't buy them.

i've seen pics.......they look like fakey designer ones :yuk:

I'm sure they will do well with her fans. Best of luck to her. :lucky:

Originally posted by Acid@Aug 4th, 2003 - 3:09 pm
i've seen pics.......they look like fakey designer ones :yuk:
I agree - I'm not digging them, though it sounds as though many of her stylish star friends have nabbed themselves some of Gwen's bags.

did you see the colette catalogue? fafi did the illustrations gwen has a page .... :heart: a preview of it

i think the little mini bags are cute :unsure:

the little bambi-esque charms :P

8806_3350t.jpg

thanx for the link fashionably yours :heart:

I kinda like the rasta pattern too. And I like the smaller bags. Probably wouldn't carry one though.

08.september 2003:
GWEN STEFANI LAUNCHING HER 'LAMB' FASHION LABEL FOR LESPORTSAC, FOUR SEASONS RESTAURANT, NEW YORK,

i don't really like the bags, still... here is the article from fwd

NY September 9, 2003 - It was billed as a celebration of Gwen Stefani's successful bag line for LeSportsac, but the big news was what the chanteuse wore to the party - a majorly sexy look from her own collection.

Resplendent, dazzling even, Stefani appeared before a blaze of paparazzi lights in an all-white ensemble composed of a double-collared vest just about gathered at the back and bell-bottom party pants - all kitted up with a white military belt, dangling diamante necklaces and a superb peacock broach. Think ravishingly sexy damsel in distress arriving on a Napoleonic battleship, but with platinum blonde '30s finger curls.

"Yeah, it's my own design. I finally got my first samples," a beaming Stefani told FWD, showing off her flaunt-it-while-you-got-it look, as LeSportsac CEO Tim Schifter squired her around the Four Seasons Restaurant.

While light on specifics, Stefani batted an eyelid or two and added, "I want people to recognize me in the collection." Named L.A.M.B. Gwen Stefani, the No Doubt singer's collection will debut in spring 2004.

Stefani's very put-together debut outfit did delay her arrival at the party though. The singer showed up 90 minutes into the event, which Heidi Klum, Alan Cumming, Helen Schifter, Rufus Wainwright, Anna Sui, Catherine Malandrino, Ann Jones, Hamish Bowles, Aerin Zinterhoffer, Charlotte Ronson, Rick and Kathy Hilton, Fern Mallis, Rena Sindi, Shoshanna Lonstein, Gilles and Kelly Bensimon, Fernanda Niven and Dennis Basso all attended.

Basso had not quite gulped down one of the Four Seasons' meaty oysters when Stefani made her entrance, forcing the designer to theatrically mouth the words, "You look so beautiful," to the Carole Lombard of rock.

The L.A.M.B. for LeSportsac collection, a mιlange of the brand's signature rip-stop nylon and grosgrain logo tape with leather trims, woven guitar straps and antiqued metal hardware, is selling up a storm, aided by a novel guerrilla campaign that includes posters throughout Manhattan and ads on New York cabs.

"We just started the taxis today. Matter of fact, we've five of them waiting outside," smiled Schifter, before heading off to a private post-party dinner at Manhattan's restaurant of the moment - Lever House.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barakz12
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->