Gym-goers Past and Present -- Survey

TheSoCalledPrep

Reaction score
I was in my gym today, thinking about what I liked and didn't like. Since I would like, someday, to open my own gym/health club, if you guys could answer and discuss some of these questions I would find it very interesting.

1) What color makes you feel most energized?
Gray, white, pale yellow

2) What would you rather see while doing cardio?
A large television, several televisions, a flatscreen wall tv showing a slideshow of interesting pictures, nothing

3) Music or no music? If music, what kind?

4) Describe the ideal locker/locker room.

Also, any other thoughts would be great. You know me and gyms/working out... I could talk and listen all day :lol:

1. yellow
2. several teles
3. music. . . dance/pop/rock is good for exercising
4. locker room must be carpeted, with full length lockers for all belongings. lots of space. no scale, cos they are evil!

i agree that there must be many tvs ...one must have options on what to watch!!

music is very important....fast paced gets people going..creates a fun environment so you dont mind being there so much :innocent:

all i have to say about lockers rooms is to keep them clean....lots of lockers & lots of showers; depending on how big you want your gym to be i'd recommend lots of counter space w/ mirrors & outlets for all those who need to get ready to go to work etc. after their workout.

good luck and have fun planning!! :flower:

pale yellow

several televisions

Music, dance, top 40 remixed

Give all your guests lockers with their memberships so that they can store their stuff at the gym as opposed to having to bring their stuff each time and put it in an open locker.

have lots of Pilates/yoga classes that are friendly to all levels

1. red
2. tv or large interesting photos or pictures of beautiful people that keep rotating
3. music-something fast-paced and energizing. Dance music.
4. Ones where you can leave your stuff overnight, lots of air conditioning, music/radio, nice CLEAN bathrooms, scales in a secluded area (women are very conscious about their weight)

I agree with Jenikka...

white

one huge television

Music, dance, top 40 remixed- I agree and anything and everything loud and fast paced... no country or like slow dance stuff.

Give all your guests lockers with their memberships so that they can store their stuff at the gym as opposed to having to bring their stuff each time and put it in an open locker.... though this is a good idea- I feel that some people may not go as often as others and therefore lockers will be unavail to the ones who do go often.. unless you have a HELL of a lot of lockers...

Also attempt to offer alot of guest passes, people go to gyms on a trial basis (as a guest) and get enamored then want memberships of thier own- so dont be stingy with the passes.

Enforce the "bring a towel with you" rule- sweat on treadmills is nasty!

That is really cool SoCalledPrep... cool idea.

1) What color makes you feel most energized?Birght Yellow, Cobalt Blue

A large television, several televisions, a flatscreen wall tv showing a slideshow of interesting pictures, nothing: A large television

3) Music or no music? If music, what kind?:Music! I like listening to upbeat music while I work out like Kanye West, Switchfoot, etc.. music that makes me wanna move!

4) Describe the ideal locker/locker room.: Not sure

yellow
several large televisions
upbeat music
locker rooms - highly maintained - meaning clean!

Yellow for sure!

Lots of TVs, some set to sports channels, some to news, some to MTV
Music, yes. I like indie music but your best bet is top 40...NO DANCE TUNES!!! Canned dance music attracts the cheeseballs.

Ideal change room would have both wet and dry saunas, lots of showers, both large and small lockers, and a table with moisturisers, hair products, q-tips. And of course, all of it kept VERY clean. FREE towels too.^_^

Also, I think there should be water coolers easily accessed in all sections of the gym, as well as paper towels and cleaning spray to remind people to do their share. There is nothing worse than a grubby gym!:sick:

It's great, too, if you have big windows to the outside, particularly for the treadmills. It can be hard to focus on tvs when running, but it's still nice to be able to gaze at something. My favourite gym ever had giant windows.

I love talking about this stuff, too! Unfortch, i just have a gym in my condo complex that's underground and while the equipment is fine, no music is allowed and there is nothing to look at. When i go to fancier gyms, I realize how much easier it is to get through a long workout when you have some distractions! I do anywhere from 45 mins to 2 hours of cardio at a time, so music is a huge plus!B)

Best of luck with your dream of opening a gym...:flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crowbar69
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->