Hair Emergency - Color, Cut & Product Damages - HELP!

LilyBird

Reaction score
I have been very blonde (high lights over my natural dirty blonde), very dark brown and up until yesterday I had light brown/dirty blonde hair (dark brown toner was washing out).

Yesterday I used Revlon Colorsilk in Medium Blonde and it turned my hair a weird reddish orange tint. It was atrocious. So, I put Natural Instincts Light Brown semi permanent over it.

Now my hair is a rich brown with slightly reddish undertones.

I plan on going to the salon tomorrow. Do I go for blonde or brown when I tell my stylist to fix my poor hair?

Blonde
boston00.jpg

Brown
back_2003_marcjacobs04.jpg

If the blonde and brown hair dyes you recently used don't contain bleach, your stylist can remove the added color -- in which case you should be able to go blonde.

It would probably be best to ask your stylist and tell her your hair history.

I was v. blonde (naturally dark blonde but bleached by sun and occasionally by me in winter) coloured my hair dark chestnut, after months coloured it blonde, didn't like the result (sort of dirty bland reddish colour) and then gradually bleached it back to blonde. Big mistake as my hair is always damaged from sun and sea and is now really dry. :cry:

Moral of the story? Ask a professional. :flower:

There is a product called Roux Rinse, that a professional colorist can use that minimizes damage to your hair, and conteracts the red/orange tint. You can come out with beautiful blonde hair, without frying it even more.

I have the same problem when I used to dye my hair.

You might have a red-ish undertone to your hair... I used to be a strawberry blonde when I was little... so that's where the orange-y color comes from when I dye...

My stylist tells me that when I go to dye my hair a more blonde color, I should use a more Ash colored dye.

Tell your colourist this before she does anything. You wouldn't want your hair to fall out because of over dying it.

Maybe you should leave the rich brown and have her put some lighter highlights. Not light blonde highlights but darker blonde :smile:

Depends on what works best with your skin tone. :wink:

At this point, put your hair into the hands in the best colourist you can find and follow his advice. I'd suggest going for what might least damage your hair right now and then work your way to your desired colour with the help of your colourist, after your hair is completely healthy. Good luck! :flower:

*stupid question*

can I colour my hair after lightening the regrowth a couple of months ago?

(i would use the same colour as it is now, i just want to start using colour to cover regrowth rather than lightener)

I changed my mind. I got bored of blonde, I now want some lowlights to take away from the brassiness instead of staying blonde, winters on its way etc.

Please answer me before I just go ahead and do it and ruin my barnett!

Anyone????

Oops! Hair Color Mistakes

my hair is naturally very dark brown and i wanted to add some red... debra messing ish...
but i used a do it yourself kit and now it's wayyyy to orangey.

is there a certain amount of time i have to wait to redye it or anything i can do to get the color out?

i'm dying inside. :cry:

I deep condition it and try again in a few days to add something darker. Red fades rather quickly and since it's a dye and not bleach, I don't think it will damage your hair that much. Remember, we're our own worst critic and it probably doesn't look as bad as you think:flower:

IM not an expert at all but my hairstylist just colored my hair and the parts that were too bright she toned it down with over the counter brown dye. I dont know if that will help you at all though? Visit a hair salon and see what they can do for you?

You can try, and like ShannonMc said, to moisturize your hair. Put a lot of conditioner on your hair and leave it as long as you can with an hot towel on top or something.

I heard also that using some sweet almond oil on your hair also has the same effect.

Make an appointment with your hairdresser, that's really the best thing to do cuz they can take out the hairdye and then dye it again. This has happened to me many times when I was younger, now I know not to ever use the do it yourself hair kits!

chav

Go to Sally's Beauty Supply (or similar) and ask one of the folks to get you a bottle of dye that is made to tone down the "brassiness". It will come in the same type of bottle as the rest of the hair dyes.

When you get home, wet your hair in the shower and then mix a capful of the anti-brassy solution with a dollop of shampoo. Leave on for 10 minutes. Use a washcloth to make sure it doesn't drip in your eyes. Rinse out. Condition as usual. It should make it look less red/bright.

Blow dry your hair and if it still looks excessively brassy, you can repeat the process, if desired.

you can get die striper which just lifts out the die, try that. GO to the store and ask for it or depending on how bad it is get some one to go for you and inquire they mite know what im on about. I bet it doesnt look as bad as you think it does.

HELP! (hair)

Okay, tomorrow .. well.. today! I'm going to the hair salon, hopefully they can fix the fried and damaged deal that's my hair.
Every year I attend Warped Tour and last year my hair went to all hell in the heat and mild humidity. It's an all day outdoor concert.
So what's the best shampoo, conditioner, serum whatever.. to keep my hair sleek and fight that cursed humidity? I'll ask the hairstylist, but just in case, your opinions are welcome!
If it makes a difference, I'm black and have relaxed hair. I also attempted to dye it back in.. April or May.
138713879_l.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->