Hair Extensions

mammab said:
Morena - thanks for that information. I love that site! I was lurking there and was reading everything and thats how I discovered the shrinkies method. I emailed the owner of the other UK hair site about hair and getting the shrinkies kit. I read someone there was going to do it themselves but I couldn't find where she followed up. I hope he/she emails back soon, I am excited to get them done.

Does anyone know how the shrinkies are removed? Couldn't find that either.

Anyhow, that's for your help you guys! This is a great forum!

Mammab, I have the shrinkies method myself (40 strands in 18 inches just to add volume to my own hair) but I got it done at a local salon. I was thinking of getting the tools too so that I could do them myself...

I have ordered some hair from connect-hair shop before for clip-in extensions that I made for my mum. Very important is to find hair that has structure that fits your own hair so that it is not noticeable that you are wearing extensions. I know that this one particular company will send you a sample of hair (certain type you will request) for free if you send them a stamped envelope (I dont know how it works if you are not from the UK though, maybe you could contact the seller there, she is at the forums under the nick name ZEPHYR and is a very nice lady).

Now back to the shrinkies method. I found another site that sells hair and stuff that you need for the shrinkies method http://drlocks.bluedomino.com/store/shrinkies_system.html

Maybe you could register at the forum that I mentioned above and request a tutorial on how to do them.

I have had extensions for almost one year and I am wondering if it will cause thinning or hair loss. For those who had extensions and taken them out, please let me know if your hair got thinner. Thanks!!

Guessgirl96 said:
Thanks for the reply :smile: These are different glue in then.. Mine were about 1900 and stay in for 6 months. I was thinking if glue ins are cheap compared to a weave, a weave must be insanley priced! I'm getting my extentions replaced in about 2-3 weeks, I would really like to try outthe weave but theres no place that does it here :(
I lived in Ohio during college and there's a nice salon in Cleveland Heights (Studio Taylor on Fairmont) where they might do weaves. I've never had extensions, but I suspect they're the kind of place that would do it.

I don't have the money or the right hair for extensions (it's already too thick). They're also too high maintenance for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
mammab said:
Thanks mademOiselle -- I frequently visit Vancouver, at least once a month. Can you reccomend who you visited there? Did they do great length hair via the air pressure method? That looks very quick and FAST.

I pretty much like to do everything myself and I just know myself, if I do get it professionally done, I will eventually end up doing it myself. This happened when I first got hair extensions a long time ago, I kept thinking, I can do it myself, and I did. Same thing with acrylic nails -- do those msyelf as well. My only problem I seem to be having right now is finding good quality hair on-line. I'm so paranoid about scam artists and don't want to end up w/crap hair after paying $$.

Morena - thanks for that information. I love that site! I was lurking there and was reading everything and thats how I discovered the shrinkies method. I emailed the owner of the other UK hair site about hair and getting the shrinkies kit. I read someone there was going to do it themselves but I couldn't find where she followed up. I hope he/she emails back soon, I am excited to get them done.

Does anyone know how the shrinkies are removed? Couldn't find that either.

Anyhow, that's for your help you guys! This is a great forum!

mammab- here in vancouver, SUKI'S at Granville is quite popular, they do the Great Lengths. Ask for Laura. she Did mines, Jean Paul use to do mines but he left Suki's and I have nop idea where he is, but he is very good as well as Laura. The 2nd place that you would want to think about is " THE LOUNGE HAIR" www.loungehairstudio.com it is more expsnive than SUKI'S Ive never been there but Ive asked for the price asking for 20" and 2 bundles. Suki is cheaper althouh they use the same Great Lengths, maybe its the tecnhique? I have no idea, since I am still in high school, i decided to go for Suki's since its ceheaper and Suki is very popular and has very high standards too. Another good place is MOHAIR, it is located in Yaletown, yet they do only WEAVINGS no bondings. and they use REMI hair, there are various types liek VIRGIN or etc..its not cheap too.

As for the Air Pressure Method, no Suki didnt use that, they used the classic normal machine. I dont mind since its only 3 hours and I always do my homework there or read.

suki's at Grancille- (604) 738 7713

www.mohairstudio.com

There are other hair studios that do extensions, but Suki, Mohair and The hair Loung Studio is more well known. tell me what youve decided!
shim.gif

beb415 said:
I have had extensions for almost one year and I am wondering if it will cause thinning or hair loss. For those who had extensions and taken them out, please let me know if your hair got thinner. Thanks!!

Ive got my extensions taken out in Febuaryand put back on, on the same day, so i dont know what to say =P but i do think it might thin your hair , yet i have thick hair. what kind of extensions do you have? mines is the bonded with keratin protein by great lengths.

Mine is the same, and I used to have shrinkies. When I got mine taken out and put back on the same day, I noticed so much of my own hair was coming out while she was taking the extensions off, but the extensionist said "it is normal because we shed a lot of hair everyday and all the hair shedded is stuck on the bonds." I don't know if I should believe her, did this happen to you too?

I get my extensions done by Salon Elan on Beverly Boulevard @ about La Brea in LA - the stylist is Elan. He uses microrings - so there is no glue or painful weaving. I pay about $400 and I have had this set in for 4 months - I've only lost 3 pieces. He's really great!

Vanessavz said:
Thanks for answering guessgirl ; - )I reeeeeally wish they were cheaper...lol Can anyone recommend someone in the Los Angeles area who does extensions ?

Does anyone know of a good exstensionist/salon in the Bay Area?

I am contemplating getting extensions put in, but have no idea how to go about finding a stylist.

Thanks!

beb415 said:
Mine is the same, and I used to have shrinkies. When I got mine taken out and put back on the same day, I noticed so much of my own hair was coming out while she was taking the extensions off, but the extensionist said "it is normal because we shed a lot of hair everyday and all the hair shedded is stuck on the bonds." I don't know if I should believe her, did this happen to you too?

ahah thats what my stylist said tiioo!!

why don't people just cut their hair when they want to take out their extentions?

Interesting...I was thinking about doing Great Lengths. I'm currently crusing the net for prices and what not. Anyone ever had these done?

Yeah, I did some more research and I seriously don't think I could waste that much money. There are a lot of salons that say Icy Hair and SOCAP are just as good hair. So i'm going to go around to some local salons and try and get more information. Anyone around SF? Know of any good places?

i think the reason why GL is so expxnive is because its like an extensions 'brand name' like oh wow jenn asnisont and christina aguilara used it OH WOW tyo know

Yeah, I agree with what madem said. Companies tend to get hooked on their popularity, so of course they can raise their prices. People will still buy them then. Lame. >.<

HAiR EXTENSiONS -??

Hey! I have never gotten hair extensions before and I really want them. My friend got her's not not too long ago and they look great! I was wondering if you could like color the hair when it's on your head..lol...that sounds funny but yea..and your thought on hair extensions in general!!

vintageprincess said:
Hey! I have never gotten hair extensions before and I really want them. My friend got her's not not too long ago and they look great! I was wondering if you could like color the hair when it's on your head..lol...that sounds funny but yea..and your thought on hair extensions in general!!

Merged with existing hair extensions thread. Please use the search function prior to posting.

how much do extensions normally cost? For $1,600 could I get something good that would last a while?

Thanks!

For a quote of $1600.00 you would get the best of the best. www.salonfallyne.com and check it out. Give me a shout if it works for you.
Thanks,
Fallyne
P.S: My average packages range from $600.00-$800.00 with hair, cut, color, install.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Figedifug
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->