Hanneli Mustaparta

HanneliMustaparta.jpg

credit: all the pretty birds

I love that light blue mohair coat; Alexa Chung wore it too.

Hanneli is gorgeous and she must have one of the best wardrobes ever!!

But I have to say: I don't quite get the point of Hanneli's blog, other than possibly self-promotion? What I mean to say is that, overall, she doesn't feature that much "street style" (in general) on there; it's mainly her own (street & advert & ed) style.

Where is her photography? The writing/blogging is quite minimal, a few sentences here and there. Maybe her photos aren't credited? Are they all the shots of other people on there? Does anyone know? Or does she have another website where she does this? I went to hanneli.com.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love that light blue mohair coat; Alexa Chung wore it too.

Hanneli is gorgeous and she must have one of the best wardrobes ever!!

But I have to say: I don't quite get the point of Hanneli's blog, other than possibly self-promotion? What I mean to say is that, overall, she doesn't feature that much "street style" (in general) on there; it's mainly her own (street & advert & ed) style.

Where is her photography? The writing/blogging is quite minimal, a few sentences here and there. Maybe her photos aren't credited? Are they all the shots of other people on there? Does anyone know? Or does she have another website where she does this? I went to hanneli.com.

She does post photos of other people now and there, but I think her blog is more on her personal style. I think her photos are published on Vogue website streetstyle section. I might be wrong though.

doppioaffogato.tumblr

tumblr_lyxl2a_Z17d1roi1gqo1_400.jpg

Hanneli Mustaparta in a leather Acne skirt

loudywithachanceofprada.tumblr

She does post photos of other people now and there, but I think her blog is more on her personal style. I think her photos are published on Vogue website streetstyle section. I might be wrong though.

Thanks -:flower: Do you know if the other photos at her website are taken by her? She is called a "photographer/blogger" here, that's why I was wondering if that is where her photography is or what. I will be watching Vogue's website - last I checked, Phil Oh, of Street Peeper, does the street style section, but that could just be during fashion week. Hanneli still seems more like a model than anything to me.

For Ms. Mustaparta, once a full-time model, the impetus to shoot strangers came from being a target herself. “I was going to Bryant Park for a friend’s show,” she said, “and as I walked up to the tents, all these photographers wanted to shoot me — for what I was wearing. After the show, I was backstage and saw this girl, and she had on this awesome outfit, so I asked if I could take her photo.”

In less than three years, Ms. Mustaparta, who was born in Norway, has become a first-name fixture in the blogosphere, one whose “brand” is built on her own way of dressing as much as on her ability to reflect that aesthetic in her photographs of others.

Thanks to her bankability as a model, she has worked in front of the camera in ad campaigns for Net-a-Porter, Coach and Rag & Bone while shooting street fashion for Vogue.com. Last fall, the magazine named her one of its 10 best-dressed women of 2011, further blurring distinctions between style photographer and style icon.

From the following article in the NYT's which is about female street photographers "working both sides of the camera":

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/02/16/fashion/female-street-photographers-work-both-sides-of-the-camera.html?_r=1&pagewanted=1&seid=auto&smid=tw-nytimesfashion

That plum coloured jacket looks amazing. I'm not too sure on the Michael Jackson gloves!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rantanplan1980
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->