Harry Gets Cranky

princess_tess

Reaction score
Hmmm... i can't help but feel a tiny bit sorry for him...

Harry scuffles with photographer

Prince Harry scuffled with a paparazzi photographer outside a nightclub early Thursday, further feeding his growing public image as a rebellious party boy.

A royal official said the 20-year-old prince was hit in the face with a camera in the late-night fight, while the photographer contended that Harry struck him in the lip without provocation.

The red-headed Harry has long been known as the wilder of Prince Charles and the late Princess Diana's two handsome sons, smoking marijuana, drinking while still underage and frequenting London's trendiest nightclubs.

His older brother, William, 22, second in line to the throne, presents a more serious public face, studying geography at St Andrew's University in Scotland and running this summer in a charity race.

Harry, who plans to enroll next year at a military college, has endured a bout of bad publicity lately. Last week, his representatives fended off a former teacher's allegations that she helped him cheat on an art exam at Eton, the exclusive secondary school he attended. A tribunal rejected the accusation.

"Harry Snaps," blared a headline in London's Evening Standard newspaper.

Prince Charles' office at Clarence House said Harry, the third in line to the throne, cut a photographer's lip after pushing a camera away during a scuffle outside the pricey Pangaea club in central London's Piccadilly area at about 3am. (1200 AEST).

"Prince Harry was hit in the face by a camera as photographers crowded around him as he was getting into a car," a spokesman said on customary condition of anonymity. "In pushing the camera away, it's understood that a photographer's lip was cut."

The photographer, Chris Uncle, 24, said he had done nothing to provoke Harry.

"Prince Harry looked like he was inside the car and we were all still taking pictures," The Evening Standard newspaper quoted him as saying. "Then suddenly he burst out (of) the car and lunged towards me as I was still taking pictures. He lashed out and then deliberately pushed my camera into my face.

"The base of the camera struck me and cut my bottom lip," Uncle said. "At the same time he was repeatedly saying 'Why are you doing this? Why don't you just leave me alone?"'

Uncle said he had reported the scuffle to police and was considering filing a formal complaint. London's Metropolitan Police said they were aware of the incident, but had received no complaint.

Big Pictures, the agency for which Uncle works, declined to comment.

James Taylor, 18, another photographer outside the club, told the Standard it looked like Harry had been pushed and hit his head as he got into the car, and then "he literally lunged at this photographer," shouting and swearing as bouncers and bodyguards held him back.

"I've covered Harry before and never seen him like this," Taylor said.
:ermm:

okay wut do they do again?

I thought "royalty" only took place in the like 1800's england. seems backwards

Originally posted by gogopilgrim@Oct 22 2004, 12:33 PM
oh, I love Harry. He's such a boofhead.
[snapback]404011[/snapback]​
:heart: So do I.

I sort of don't blame him... :unsure: he seems like a nice boy, but he just attracts a lot of really bad media attention.

I feel bad for the kid. How would any of us feel if we were chased around by goons with cameras all the time. The dude can't even fart without it heading up a tabloid next day: "Royal Progeny Flatulent--too much chips-and beer?"

Granted, shoving the cameraman, no matter how satisfying it must have been, was a foolish move, because now the photographer could take legal steps against the prince, but I can see what inspired him to do it, nonetheless.

I mean how do you cope?

Understandably, he wishes to do things normal young men his age do, such as go out dancing with his friends. His mother did her best to ensure that he and his brother could have as normal of childhood as possible. She took them to shop for underpants and school supplies at Marks & Sparks and was supportive of the notion that the boys go away to school, rather than be tutored at home. With his father's insistance (backed by legal clout) that the paparazzi back off the boys while they were growing up, Harry has grown up with expectations of living a relatively unfettered, un-hassled life, and now that those expectation are being thwarted, it is not hard to understand that his reactions would be dismay, anger, and rebellion.

Being pestered day in and out by assholes with telephoto lenses is no way to live.

Hell, I should go crosspost this in the MK & A threads.

Originally posted by As You Like It@Oct 22 2004, 06:17 AM
With his father's insistance (backed by legal clout) that the paparazzi back off the boys while they were growing up, Harry has grown up with expectations of living a relatively unfettered, un-hassled life, and now that those expectation are being thwarted, it is not hard to understand that his reactions would be dismay, anger, and rebellion.
[snapback]404157[/snapback]​

well said... I do wonder if harry might have been better off going to uni. william has escaped so much of the crap just because he's been at st a's where everyone leaves him alone... :neutral:

Originally posted by As You Like It@Oct 22 2004, 05:17 AM
I feel bad for the kid. How would any of us feel if we were chased around by goons with cameras all the time. The dude can't even fart without it heading up a tabloid next day: "Royal Progeny Flatulent--too much chips-and beer?"

Granted, shoving the cameraman, no matter how satisfying it must have been, was a foolish move, because now the photographer could take legal steps against the prince, but I can see what inspired him to do it, nonetheless.

I mean how do you cope?

Understandably, he wishes to do things normal young men his age do, such as go out dancing with his friends. His mother did her best to ensure that he and his brother could have as normal of childhood as possible. She took them to shop for underpants and school supplies at Marks & Sparks and was supportive of the notion that the boys go away to school, rather than be tutored at home. With his father's insistance (backed by legal clout) that the paparazzi back off the boys while they were growing up, Harry has grown up with expectations of living a relatively unfettered, un-hassled life, and now that those expectation are being thwarted, it is not hard to understand that his reactions would be dismay, anger, and rebellion.

Being pestered day in and out by assholes with telephoto lenses is no way to live.

Hell, I should go crosspost this in the MK & A threads.
[snapback]404157[/snapback]​

Well said. VERY well said. :: applause ::

Reminds me of what Hugh Grant said on Oprah today about paparrazi and how they change the way you go about your life.

I dont feel sorry for them. Paparazzi are just doing their job(when it goes to tooooooo far thats not right). They get paid for taking pics of celebrities and the royality get paid for doing absoultely nothing.

i dont blame him
press photographers can be so rude, they will do anything to get the photos they want

Originally posted by utopia@Oct 22 2004, 08:07 AM
well said... I do wonder if harry might have been better off going to uni. william has escaped so much of the crap just because he's been at st a's where everyone leaves him alone... :neutral:
[snapback]404212[/snapback]​

Well, he was taking a gap year, right? I suppose he's working his ya-yas out now. I think more kids ought to take a couple of years off of school after high-school and work (either volunteer or just a crap paid job) and get their partying out of their systems so that they can concentrate on their schoolwork at university. There's a level of seriousness and maturity really needed to get a good university education, and a LOT of 18-year-olds are not ready to commit to that. That's why there are so many stories of freshman students ketting kicked out for never doing their work and being drunk all the time. They needed to not go to school and waste their money, but spend some time working a crap job and drinking beer on the weekends, where little would be at stake.

If Harry is, as he is reported to be, kind of impulsive and a cut-up, it might be better for him to raise hell for a year or two to get it out of his blood, then buckle down at university after he gets his partying over with.

Originally posted by gogopilgrim@Oct 21 2004, 11:33 PM
oh, I love Harry. He's such a boofhead.
[snapback]404011[/snapback]​

boofhead, I love it...

but no comment, on my end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
imjustken
Back