Harvey Weinstein Accused of Sexual Assault *Update* Sentenced to 23 Years Imprisonment

I just came here and wanted to hear everybody's opinion about it, but then I didn't quite know where to put it? Maybe we need a #MeToo thread in its own right, I don't think he will be the last celeb to be accused.

Has anybody heard rumors about inappropriate behavior by Spacey before? What makes you think it's just starting, dodencebt? I heard something today about his tenure (?) in London and somebody told me it was widely known that he is somebody to stay away from, but it was the typical 'a friend told me' kind of rumor, so there might not be any truth to it.

I like him and I do think he is a smart guy. I really don't understand what on earth made him think it was a good idea to combine his apology with his official coming out. Do all these people not have advisors for a delicate situation like this? I'm convinced it would have been soon forgotten (amongst all the other MeToo stories, and it was 30 years ago, and a lot of men seem to be annoyed by the fact that it's really not okay to 'approach' others in a certain way), had he not felt the need for this second paragraph of his statement.

I just came here and wanted to hear everybody's opinion about it, but then I didn't quite know where to put it? Maybe we need a #MeToo thread in its own right, I don't think he will be the last celeb to be accused.

Has anybody heard rumors about inappropriate behavior by Spacey before? What makes you think it's just starting, dodencebt? I heard something today about his tenure (?) in London and somebody told me it was widely known that he is somebody to stay away from, but it was the typical 'a friend told me' kind of rumor, so there might not be any truth to it.

I like him and I do think he is a smart guy. I really don't understand what on earth made him think it was a good idea to combine his apology with his official coming out. Do all these people not have advisors for a delicate situation like this? I'm convinced it would have been soon forgotten (amongst all the other MeToo stories, and it was 30 years ago, and a lot of men seem to be annoyed by the fact that it's really not okay to 'approach' others in a certain way), had he not felt the need for this second paragraph of his statement.

I assume there were probably rumors about him. A Family Guy clipped just resurfaced of Stewie (the baby of the show) running through a mall saying he escaped from Spacey's basement. Yes, the show is satire but I can't help but now think if it was just a joke or if there were already rumors going around with him and younger boys.

I agree with Sore! Let's have a separate #MeToo thread if that's ok with the mods?

As for Spacey, wow! We are really getting quite a few tossers in our team. First TMZ's Harvey, who I didn't know was gay until I saw Kathy Griffin's rant yesterday, now this sleazeball. I mean why can't it be someone cool for once. Like Brad Pitt, or Tom Cruise!

Has anybody heard rumors about inappropriate behavior by Spacey before? What makes you think it's just starting, dodencebt?

I've read blinds over the years that pointed to Spacey liking young guys - sometimes too young, apparently. I also remember talking to this guy from London years ago who told me that Kevin hit on him and his friend (both in high school at the time) after a play. Clearly I can't know how much of this is true, but rumors were out there for a long time. Apparently there is also a journalist whose family member was hurt by Spacey last summer and the person is also thinking of coming forward. And I read a testimony from a documentary maker who said that a Hollywood hot shot once told him that Spacey should have been in jail by now. So like I said, a lot of rumors.

Here is Uma Thurman's sort of response to being asked about inappropriate behavior; she seems deeply, deeply angry (at something that happened to her, I assume) but has made the decision to wait until she is ready to fully speak

Thing about Georgina is that she wasn't quite a nobody. In terms of fame, yes. But otherwise she herself comes from the posh set in London

True she wasn’t poor but she wasn’t a billionaire.

I’ve met Georgina and posted In her thread long before this scandal. She is lovely.
However Nothing will convince me she didn’t know for certain what was going on.

I’m interested to see what happens to marchesa in 2 seasons. The next season will all be media about female solidarity and empowerment but after that has waned I’m interested to see if this supposed loyalty stands.

^ Some people are quite skilled at denial ... I need look no further than immediate family members to find such a person (different type, but same beast).

What's interesting about this is who hasn't said anything.

She was likely a victim herself; her first encounters with Harvey were probably like all the other women.

This is an honest question...

Isn't DiCaprio also quite well known to "request" models from agencies to his private "parties"?

Uma said so little, but it was so moving.
I cant imagine what she has been forced to hold in.
Kill Bill and Pulp Fiction were both Weinstein films.

They all knew - they ALL knew - but it wasn't in their best interests to speak up until now. Certain people have done the hard work of speaking out, and now that the story has gained momentum, people have switched sides. They used to support him, but now they realise they have more to lose by continuing to support him.

I emphatically agree
Everyone knew and as much as he is a predator I imagine he feels extremely used by these people.
They were more than content for his behaviour when he was giving them parts or a power player but once he was no use they denounce him and feign ignorance.

And the people I actually respect for speaking out are the first few women. Women have spoken out about him before and it was always glossed over. The initial women were the people with things to lose, not the people now who waited until they were sure there career would be unharmed before doing it.

I mean google Michael Egan III or watch an open secret. No one stood by him during his claims. He was denounced and Hollywood pushed him out. (Watch the documentary before assuming he totally lied. He was definitely in that house and multiple statements prove that). So it’s not like people run in support of those speaking out. That’s why I’m certain something happened behind the scenes of this case where a pact was made to denounce Harvey. People in the media and in film. They were the impetus for the sustained focus. Not the public.
This was about destroying Harvey, the victims were a byproduct.

Uma said so little, but it was so moving.
I cant imagine what she has been forced to hold in.
Kill Bill and Pulp Fiction were both Weinstein films.

Her career post Kill Bill really went downhill and has been bizarre. She's not the greatest actress but is excellent in the right role (like the Kill Bills.) Makes you wonder if her career downturn had anything to do with Weinstein.

Her career post Kill Bill really went downhill and has been bizarre. She's not the greatest actress but is excellent in the right role (like the Kill Bills.) Makes you wonder if her career downturn had anything to do with Weinstein.

That's exactly what I've been thinking lately. She really shines in certain roles and at one point was the ultimate A-list celebrity. I too wonder what happened.

Not saying it doesn't have to do with Weinstein, but keep in mind that Kill Bill II came out in 2004 when she was 35 years old. She's now 47. Age might very well have to do with it, we all know there's not a lot of work for aging women in Hollywood, which is of course another sexist issue to be addressed.

Not saying it doesn't have to do with Weinstein, but keep in mind that Kill Bill II came out in 2004 when she was 35 years old. She's now 47. Age might very well have to do with it, we all know there's not a lot of work for aging women in Hollywood, which is of course another sexist issue to be addressed.

She was Tarantino's muse. I doubt he would ditch his muse because of aging. He never went that way, he uses plenty of older actresses.

But if Weinstein had a problem with her, it makes sense.

I find this news so dismaying because I am perhaps the biggest Morrissey fan I know (his artistry alone is immeasurable, that broody looks.) I was quite prepared to let his odd hatred of the Royals slide, even him calling Her Majesty 'wicked.' But this I cannot stomach I'm afraid.

I can somewhat get what he's trying to say, others said worse, but he certainly didn't phrase himself well here.

Morrissey defends Kevin Spacey and Harvey Weinstein

By Mark Savage
BBC Music reporter
9 hours ago

Morrissey said one of Spacey's accusers "did not sound very credible"
Morrissey has attracted controversy after defending Kevin Spacey over allegations of sexual abuse.
He said the star had been "attacked unnecessarily", adding it was "ridiculous" that Spacey was being erased from an upcoming film.
The former Smiths singer also argued that definitions of harassment and assault have become too broad.
"Anyone who ever said 'I like you' to someone else is suddenly being charged with sexual harassment," he said.
Speaking to Germany's Der Spiegel newspaper, the 58-year-old began by stating "r*pe is disgusting [and] every physical attack is repugnant".

Last month, actor Anthony Rapp accused Kevin Spacey of harassing him when he was 14.
Rapp told Buzzfeed that Spacey, then aged 26, laid on top of him at a party at his apartment in 1986 and alleged the star "was trying to seduce" him.
Spacey said he was "beyond horrified" by the claim, adding that he did not remember the alleged incident.
Morrissey said Rapp's claims "did not sound very credible to me".
"I don't know about you, but I was never in situations like this in my youth," he told Der Spiegel (his comments have been translated into German and back).
"Never. I was always aware of what could happen. When you are in somebody's bedroom, you have to be aware of where that can lead to."

Morrissey added that many musicians had slept with people who were under the age of consent
The singer also cast doubt on the dozens of women who have accused film producer Harvey Weinstein of assault.
"People know exactly what's going on," he reportedly said when asked about Weinstein inviting actresses to his hotel room, "and they play along".
"Afterwards, they feel embarrassed or disliked. And then they turn it around and say: 'I was attacked, I was surprised'.
"But if everything went well, and if it had given them a great career, they would not talk about it."
"I hate r*pe... But in many cases, one looks at the circumstances and thinks that the person who is considered a victim is merely disappointed."
More than 50 women, many of them some of the biggest names in Hollywood, have accused the disgraced film producer of sexual assault, harassment, abuse and r*pe, which allegedly took place over four decades.
Morrissey added that many famous musicians had slept with fans who were under the age of consent.
"Throughout the history of music and rock 'n' roll there have been musicians who slept with their groupies," he said, while clarifying that he was not one of them.
"If you go through history, almost everyone is guilty of sleeping with minors. Why not throw everyone in jail right away?
The BBC contacted Morrissey's representatives for a response to Der Spiegel's report, but were informed he would not be making any further comments.

Source: Bbc.com

Last edited by a moderator:
^ Indeed he won't be making any more comments, they have probably applied duct tape ...

Honestly, I cannot believe the ignorance. And quite deliberate ... all you have to do is read a few of the Weinstein accounts to see how people ended up in a hotel room when they had no intention of placing themselves in a compromising position. It's also dismaying to see someone relatively young spouting this nonsense.

And quite deliberate ... all you have to do is read a few of the Weinstein accounts to see how people ended up in a hotel room when they had no intention of placing themselves in a compromising position.

I watched Lauren Holly's talk show interview where she talked about her own Weinstein encounter in a hotel room. She explained that it's actually completely normal for Hollywood people to have business meetings and press junkets in hotel rooms. So when she was summoned to meet Weinstein in a hotel room, she thought it was going to be a normal business meeting.

Additionally, I think regular people imagine a hotel room as a more intimate setting, because when we go on vacation we'll typically stay in small single/double room with a bed in the middle of the room. Whereas Hollywood bigwigs rent big, expensive suites which have their own living rooms and are more like apartments.

(And of course, people have the right to say no at any time, in any setting. Just pointing out that a hotel room isn't necessarily an intimate setting to begin with.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
armanmkhitaryan
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->