Haute Couture Clients

TBH.......the eastern europeans wear couture best lol

Asian clientele really loves Dior and Chanel. I guess it makes sense why even the two brands RTW have looked increasingly conservative.

Sutton Stracke in Iris Van Herpen S/S 2020

bKBczYCo_o.jpg

woooooooow Loujain Adada Juffali easily ruined one of my favorite Chanel couture wedding gowns from ss07. It literally looks like a David's Bridal gown. I-

I don't understand the point of critiquing non-celebrities who happens to be wearing haute couture. It's not their duty to make the clothes look expensive or covetable. Models however are paid and groomed to do just that so that these people would want to buy and wear it. Every company tries to sell the dream regardless of the real-life outcome/product. Not just in fashion.
There's no point, that's the point :lol:.. no one's curing cancer when we're criticizing collections or celebrities so what difference does it make? most of these people are not full-time altruists (starting by the fact that their purchases suggest a certain lifestyle) and they directly or indirectly engage in questionable schemes to amass wealth so, while not their duty, I would not consider them above criticism at all.

I do think it's interesting the role of critique though. We all receive it in our daily lives and are programmed to look around, take notes and adapt. A horrible sartorial decision CAN affect your ability to make a living, reason why most of us would not turn up to work in a neon orange sequined bikini/speedo haha. In this case, you can tell that being somehow sheltered from that and from actively seeking publicity helps them escape that more ruthless criticism celebrities and regular people receive. Their level of wealth, though, means they're almost exclusively surrounded by yes people, not hired to say something so personal such as, I don't know, 'that looks matronly on you' (which is pretty much what celebrities pay for when hiring a stylist to fix this predicament), so.. we have this, people leaving the house looking like a dumpster fire because.. so rich and powerful that no one will tell them lol. They're definitely not in the business of image, but clearly they end up exposing themselves (otherwise they would not pose for the cameras or engage in these events when they can afford a private viewing) and because input from surroundings or others is not a crucial factor in their purchases, in some way, they look worse than most..

I guess, in short, complying with social feedback sounds awfully submissive, but it's not always bad.

68.- America - US - Rebecca Jones

pCcCfej.jpg

6hagVCY.jpg

etxNTTR.jpg

Promise I'm not gonna hijack this thread but I tried out a mediocre investigation (still have no idea who she is) and I found this pic of her with not only ALT but MARLO HAMPTON ?? (named as Marlo Thomas ??) damn maybe Marlo really is about that life ... hmmm ... I mean she was hooking up with Ted Turner so

Rebecca+Jones+Louis+Vuitton+Vogue+Celebrate+_CdQDJUAjKlx.jpg
source: zimbio.com

And another thing, a lot of these people aren't very google-able. Which makes sense but is totally interesting... This thread is kinda like saying the quiet part out loud... ... Not that I think anyone here is gonna do anything crazy, but it's certainly consolidating a certain group of people who definitely do not want plebs knowing about their existence. @couturefan mama watch out!

Marlo & Ted Thomas? STOP! I totally forgot that. Good recall! (On an unrelated note: if Nene bought HC, would she brag about paying for it with Trump-money?)

Marlo & Ted Thomas? STOP! I totally forgot that. Good recall! (On an unrelated note: if Nene bought HC, would she brag about paying for it with Trump-money?)
:rofl: poor Nene lol no HC for her. That TRUMP CHECK was only a measly 25 grand. So nasty and so rude!

bKBczYCo_o.jpg

I think there is something to be said for the couture client who maybe looks a bit ridiculous but appreciates the designers vision. pushing silhouettes forward, the design and craftsmanship and the client who changes the look to an a-line dress.

I like to think if I had the means I would be a mix of both.
I love this thread though

IVH just never translates very well in the real world at all. The colours just look so weird when the entire delivery isn't controlled by the Herpen team. Kudos to Sutton for going for it but Herpen unfortunately makes for an exhibition, museum or editorial context, not really for the actual body in the "real" besides a runway context. Even her dalliances into RTW are very limited in scope.

Dodie, however, is a chef's kiss moment. Still can't grasp how on earth that jacket is made though...

And another thing, a lot of these people aren't very google-able. Which makes sense but is totally interesting... This thread is kinda like saying the quiet part out loud... ... Not that I think anyone here is gonna do anything crazy, but it's certainly consolidating a certain group of people who definitely do not want plebs knowing about their existence. @couturefan mama watch out!

I was always fascinated with the secrecy around haute couture clients and how we didn't know that many clients, so that's why I started collecting all this info about them. Many of them wouldn't care to be on the spotlight because they got their money from legal sources but I agree with you that some of them probably woudn't be happy as their money comes from shady places. I won't point fingers but one client's husband was in prison for arms trafficking, other client's husband was in prison for bankruptcy and wire fraud, other client's husbands are Russian oligarchs who got their money from questionable acquisitions of companies after the fall of the Soviet Union, other clients are married to politians, etc. I remember when Lagerfeld said on the documentary "The secret world of Haute Couture" that they never ask the clients where the money comes from...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fabs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->