Helena Christensen - Photographer

Lena

etre soi-meme
Reaction score
Karl publishing Helena Christensen's Photographs

hmm Helena the photogrpher, backed by Karl the Kaiser.. well lets see

Karl Lagerfeld, who just photographed Helena Christensen for a forthcoming Dom Perignon advertising campaign, has another collaboration cooking with the supermodel-turned-photographer. He said he plans to publish a book of her photos this summer under his 7L imprint. “It’s not a fashion book,” he noted. “Her style of photography is more intimate.” Indeed, Christensen is well-known for her portraits and reportage, in addition to some fashion shoots.

I like Helena Christensen's photographs.When I heard she was trying to be a photographer, I was pretty sceptic and didn't think she'd be any good...until one day when I was reading this beautiful editorial in some magazine,and checked out who was the photographer.I was so surprised it was Helena.the photos were stunning.so I'm looking forward to this!

The former boyfriend American actor Norman Reedus and their child.

Photographer: Helena Christensen

www.Elle.de

Attachments

• NK_dLcZnqmKWdQC84hFBJlbnOnbLaw8xPyO_hNVzCX0=.jpg
    NK_dLcZnqmKWdQC84hFBJlbnOnbLaw8xPyO_hNVzCX0=.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 79
how many children does she have?

and can u post up other pictures shot by her?
thanks kissmiss.

irenistiQ said:
how many children does she have?

and can u post up other pictures shot by her?
thanks kissmiss.

She has one child, a boy Mingus

I will keep posting her creations;-)

Attachments

• untitled6.jpg
    untitled6.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 22
  • untitled5.jpg
    untitled5.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 24
  • untitled4.jpg
    untitled4.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 16
  • untitled3.jpg
    untitled3.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 30
  • untitled2.jpg
    untitled2.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 22
  • untitled 1.jpg
    untitled 1.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 17
softgrey said:
moved to the appropriate forum...

:flower:

What can I do? But it's not faire at all...she is represented in that thread as a photographer not like a model.

Whatever;-)

KissMiss, it belongs here, where she can be amongst her fellow photographers. Supporting Cast is the place for her modeling work. Softgrey is actually just doing you a favor!:flower: :heart:

By the way, you really should post that video about her photography here...it's really good!!:woot:

OK;-))) Thanks for doing favor to me;-)))

Shan I have put the link of the video in introducing post to that thread;-)

Sorry for being weired;-))) but i was scared by some1;-))))

KissMiss

tiny.gif
tiny.gif

Helena Christensen: Behind The Lens
tiny.gif

tiny.gif
tiny.gif

tiny.gif
Once she was a supermodel, now she's a photographer...

tiny.gif
9793.jpg
tiny.gif

Back in the 90s she was the darling of catwalks and glossy front covers around the world. An elite member of the notorious 'supermodels' alongside Naomi Campbell and Kate Moss, she was the face that launched a thousand campaigns, and famously dated the late INXS singer Michael Hutchence.

Now she's a mother-of-one, and an accomplished photographer to boot…

This one-hour film looks at how Helena Christensen moved from the catwalk to the camera, using her modeling experience and celebrity connections to photograph everyone and everything from the homeless to the famous.

tiny.gif
tiny.gif

Bono and Michael Stipe talk about Helena as a photographer and a friend. From reportage of the Bullrun car rally in LA to a fashion shoot on Coney Island to her exhibition at the Royal Academy in London, we see Helena at work as a photographer.

We also access the real down-to-earth Helena – combing the flea markets of New York for quirky objects, doing the school run with her son Mingus and relaxing at her stunning Danish beach house – as she talks candidly about life, love and taking photos.

tiny.gif
On Modeling

tiny.gif

“I always hated the "supermodel" branding; it was a total media invention. But we had something going. It was a great bunch of girls that had great charisma and worked really well together. No matter where you met them, you'd have felt this aura."

On Photography

“When I see the pictures I’ve taken, I get really excited, because they show the real me. Photography helps my soul catch up with all the miles my body's traveled, putting the images down, documenting my life."

tiny.gif
http://www.bbc.co.uk
tiny.gif

^No problem, luv.

I love the black and whites you posted...so full of life! Thanks for making this thread...Helena is very deserving of this tribute!:flower:

Attachments

• Maga_1999_Nylo0006.jpg
    Maga_1999_Nylo0006.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 32
  • Maga_1999_Nylo0005.jpg
    Maga_1999_Nylo0005.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 24
  • Maga_1999_Nylo0004.jpg
    Maga_1999_Nylo0004.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 27
  • Maga_1999_Nylo0003.jpg
    Maga_1999_Nylo0003.jpg
    148.8 KB · Views: 33
  • 1999aprnylon.jpg
    1999aprnylon.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 22
  • Maga_1999_Nylo0007.jpg
    Maga_1999_Nylo0007.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 19
Oh I love that Liv Tyler shoot. I didn't know that was her. Beautiful and talented. Some only wish! :smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clubmissy
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->