Dansk #19 Fall 2008 : Helena Christensen

Faith Akiyama

Staff member
Reaction score

DANSK MAGAZINE #19
WE SAY NO NO
Autumn 2008

"We say NO NO" is the theme of the next issue of Dansk, out 14 August 2008. From the very first page, the word no rules supreme. We love to say no. A big no to all things we really didn't want to do -- and to all those situations it's normally considered polite to say yes to.

Rather than featuring yet another teenage model with next to no life experience, our chosen cover girl is supermodel/mother/photographer and shop owner, Helena Christensen. In a personal interview, Helena talks about the things she's had to say no to, and what it's like to always be the centre of attention.

We speak to designers Viktor & Rolf, whose no is currently booming across the fashion world. We get a rare opportunity to speak to the late Yves Saint Laurent's apprentice, Elie Top. And we discuss the fashion industry's favourite word, no, to say no to wrinkles and chemicals and give you a preview of next summer's menswear.

IN Supersize Her, model Lisa Cant poses in this season's sculptural shapes. Model of the moment, Cement Chabernaud, shows off relaxed autumn fashion in a self-titled story. Export showcases the best Danish designers de jour, whilst black lace prevails in God no.

From my inbox

looks amazing! again,such quality publication. i love that shot with that sandra backlund dress.

Thank you Faith :flower:

Rather than featuring yet another teenage model with next to no life experience, our chosen cover girl is supermodel/mother/photographer and shop owner, Helena Christensen.

Amen! I like Dansk's attitude & this looks like a must buy... and I Love Helena:wub:

Well... as the topic of the magazine is No No, I'd like to say no as well... to what I consider as a pretty easy point ("another teenage model with next to no life experience"). First I think there is nothing really tough, daring or even innovating in this statement then I think Helena herself was once one of this model with almost no experience and she had some also because there were people to give her the opportunities it takes. I really like her work as a model and maybe now even more as a photographer that I will never mind any cover with (or by) her but I'm a bit disappoint by the apparent reasons behind this choice.
Despite that I still think Dansk is one of the best magazines right now, rarely disappointing and the perspective to see Lisa Cant in it probably won't disappoint me either. :wink::heart:

Oh this is so great! thank you so much. Penny I agree with you. Helena is my fav model and u can imagine how happy I am to see her on the cover but i think there are many interesting supportive arguments for her rather that "life experience". I would at least mention that she as a photographer did couple of editorials for Danks. If you are curious u can see them in Helena Christensen Photographer thread.

By the way can anyone tell me where can I buy this magazine in UK?

this cover actually looks bit like one of Marc Jacobs advertisments... good proposition to Mr. Jacobs;-)

new cover!! new cover
i am very happy
i like to see supermodels 90 in covers magazines

actually I found message very interesting... it says No No No... but behind Viktor & Rolf collection title... is there anything hidden behind this message? bearing in mind the explanation on having Helena on the cover... I don't totally agree with justification BUT the question is! Is this gonna be a trend? No No No to inexperienced models? and Yes, Yes, Yes to overwhelmingly experienced Supermodelism? No that I mind;-) but anyway quite interesting to hear something like that from the magazine like Dansk

God the girls profile looks likes Jessica Stam's.. I got excited for a second.
I know it isnt her lol.
Love dansk :smile:

We get a rare opportunity to speak to the late Yves Saint Laurent's apprentice, Elie Top.

OH.MY.GOD. This is absolutely amaaaazing. How did they ever manage to get hold of Elie Top?? He is practically royalty in Paris from what I can gather. Helena looks great, but I'll be buying Dansk to read this interview! They always have such good features.

omg these eds look like they're going to be great!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->