Dries Van Noten Menswear S/S 2025 Paris

the first expensive jacket i bought was yours. i cherish how it made me feel for years. you taught me what chic was. :heart:

definitely buying something from this collection. you often take it for granted that these wonderful people take the time out of their lives to make yours better.
ugh..

I like the colour palette...but there are some questionable looks here (like those made of plastic). Also I cannot get the point of the tinfoil butterflies? over the runway.

Beautiful grown up clothes on a beautiful grown up cast. Loved seeing his old favourites return to the runway. Really love the silver foil runway call back to the gold from 2006.

I did hope for more embroidery work but what I did see were lovely. And I wish he moved away from the cargos since he’s explored that for a few seasons already. The plastics weren’t my favourite, but I appreciate that he was still experimenting in this final bow. Can’t wait to own a few pieces from this collection.

Thank you Dries for giving us so much beauty with your works.

Beautiful colors, loved the coat on Kirsten and jacket that Karen wore. It was alright, neither good nor bad. I expected something more celebratory. I am going to pretend his collection with Lacroix was the farewell one.

A beautiful swan song.

I like it doesn't feel like the Greatest Hits collection but rather a continuous chapter of his fashion journey. He may leave the brand, but I hope that he will come up with some projects here and there when he is ready.
So many gems in this collection. The outerwear is heavenly. The salmon pink coat just screams my name. He is one of the best colorists in the scene.
There is something really soothing about this collection.

Who ever come up after him have a great shoes to fill and they better put in some respect for him.

Perfect ending to a stellar career and contribution to fashion. Not too pompous or sad, just doing what he does best and honoring the identity he built through his brand. This could be so perfect if his label was closing, it would make more sense with how dignified his career was down to the decision of retiring in his 60s, the way retirement should be for everyone. Guess he doesn’t have much control over this now but it does contribute to the toxicity of never-ending labels that live off recycling the vision someone had for one specific generation in one specific place and time that is long gone and that has nothing to do with the present or future.

Bit of an odd mix of things, but still feels like a pleasant palate cleanser for who is to take over next. It’s also not too nostalgic nor maudlin, which would have been an easy trope to explore as a “swan song” collection so it has its own dignified place in the Dries repertoire. Would also make it easier for the next person that comes in, which I think he was considering when designing this. Remove all the hoopla and just have it be an honest telling while also giving a chance to try something somewhat different.

Shame there isn’t one “last” womenswear but appreciate the classic Dries women’s mainstays model wise. Always lovely to see Hanne, Debra, Kirsten and the likes at his shows.

Perfection, top to bottom. What a spectacular swan song. I love that he goes out on an extremely high note and now he can enjoy the retirement he deserves. The casting is so perfect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MicheleO
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->