Helmut Lang resort 2008

runner

Reaction score
NEW YORK, June 26, 2007 Michael and Nicole Colovos' first Resort collection for Helmut Lang added a welcome edge to a season often known for its saccharine prettiness. Working in graphic black and white, the designers respected the minimalism that is the house's heritage without being limited by it. Knits, skin-exposing cutouts, and layering added texture to straight, streamlined silhouettes as well as softer, rounded ones. A pair of narrow suits were the show's highlights.

Laird Borrelli

01m.jpg

02m.jpg

03m.jpg

04m.jpg

so im guessing they just took helmut's designs and blanded them up?

Thanks for posting these, Runner.

Sadly, what I like is the model's hair and the fact that she appears to be walking right out of the wall. B) Clever photographer. Not great clothes, though.

Helmut! Come back, please!!

Having a very small base of knowledge on Helmut himself (and seeing this on its own, without his shadow), I say this is pretty good...

I really miss Helmut, too...
I think this is not very Helmut Lang FOR 2007, as it really looks like a 1997 Helmut's collection with a (big) touch/influence of/by Hobo style...
But there are two or three items, very Helmut...
Like this soft red/pink dress (look 4 - post # 1)
and the pants are really good, imo...

But i think we cannot judge onto a resort collection... then i cannot wait for the "real" collection...

awww, finally a collection. I quite like it, especially the proportions, and dresses :wub: The designers tried to play with clothes as Helmut used to play, I think it's a very delicate version of Lang's ideas... I really really like it !

very nice.

who's a model, by the way? She's very interesting!

Helmut :cry:

Frankly, I don't really like it. There's undoubtedly something Helmut-esque (the sleekness of the clothes) but I don't know... It misses a ponytail on a stiletto-heeled shoe and a pair of bondage cuffs ^_^.

It's nice though, and wearable...

Although I believe it is not that complicated to make something clinical-clean and sleek, but Helmut was unique :heart:

(at least no "HL jeans" printed t-shirts :ninja: - ok I'm unfair, he did it himself. Oh, well he was probably the only one who could be forgiven for having made logoed things, it was still fantastic)

His stuff is nice and special, but nothing more. The 2nd last black outfit is a gem though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
The Byron Boy
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->