Helmut Lang Resort 2011

AgrenateD

Reaction score
from wwd.com

Nicole and Michael Colovos are cleaning things up for resort with a return to minimalism. Tailoring is sharp in their signature jackets, silhouettes are boxy with raw-edged shirtings and trousers are slim and cropped to just the right proportions. The duo add a number of graphic prints — in a collaboration with photographer Dusan Reljin, the designers manipulate his floral images onto asymmetric dresses and bold tops — and they also draw inspiration from artists such as Pierre Soulages.

helmutlang09.jpg
helmutlang08.jpg

helmutlang07.jpg
helmutlang06.jpg

helmutlang05.jpg
helmutlang04.jpg

helmutlang03.jpg
helmutlang02.jpg

helmutlang01.jpg

Hmmm.... not really sure how I feel about this, need to see more I guess.

yeah,they do nice stuff...for habitual. there is not at ounce of helmut lang's spirit in anything they've done thus far.

Wasn't expecting much so this is kind of bearable/wearable though borderline mediocre. I like some of tailored pieces, the long black dress and the cream sweater though personally I can't stand Colovos's prints.

I quite like the unfinished edges and I really like the prints they've been doing at Helmut Lang but with those it's a lot of the same-looking things over again recently.

This to me just feels like the very cynical, but maybe realistic side of the resort collections. It's some extra pieces to shove into stores for people to buy in between the main collections. I like it generally, but it's just a bit boring and unspecial.

i totally agree with scott. i'm actually kind of surprised they've been kept on so long at helmut lang...since they've designed for the brand it feels like some kind of boring contemporary label with none of his nuances. :(

Its like what Helmut Lang should be (normally is) with a hint of a water down Rick Owens to try and spice it up. One example I will post below...

helmutlang01.jpg

wwd.com

loving the first and the last and that's about where my love ends for this collection.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->