Helmut Lang S/S 2022 New York

Such an extremely pedestrian collection. It was designed by a design team and it kind of explains the lack of coherence. However, there is no emotion and no soul. There's nothing exciting about this collection and meanwhile it was meant to be an attempt to update the archives, I don't feel like they did them justice. Unfortunately, it's another proof that the existence of Helmut Lang (the brand) is pointless now.

This is the most Helmut Lang collection that see from the brand in the recent years. Very Spring 1998, I don't hate it.

The corpse of this brand has been desecrated so badly that it will never be anything other than a cheap cash-grab in my eyes...Anyway, it's a lousy collection of nothing clothes, they made sense in their original form in 1998 but they don't today, it's just so meager and unimaginative.

It doesn't help that this season seems to be the one in which everyone and their mother thinks they're so very clever by referencing/plagiarizing his work, I'm even getting tired of typing his name. I can only wish we've reached peak Helmut.

It´s quite ironic that, with so many famous designers out there copying from Lang in a passionate way, we have to see the design team from Helmut Lang making a collection with a total lack of passion for the designer.

Last edited:
Exactly how many creative directors and relaunches has this brand seen in the last five years? Who owns it and what’s the price point? So confusing and unnecessary. The only good thing here is the archive sandals from 2005.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maliburum
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->