Helmut Newton Has Passed Away

SH*T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! im in shock and tears. :cry:
i just saw him few weeks ago parking his car next to mine :shock:

he is a big idol of mine and i had contacted him (on his voicemail) a while ago to do some work with him :cry: :( :ninja:

he lied here most of the year and i bumped into him and his wife a lot.
how sad his wife must be :cry:

i send her all my love :heart:

and as difficult as it is for me to say this and understand this horrible news:

may he rest in peace and style :heart: :heart: :cry: :heart:

LOVE YOU HELMUT

:shock: :shock:
you'll always be around
as a great inspiration for generations to come Helmut :heart: :cry:

[/QUOTE]Photographer Helmut Newton Killed in Crash
47 minutes ago

LOS ANGELES - Acclaimed fashion photographer Helmut Newton died Friday after his car sped out of control from the driveway of the famed Chateau Marmont hotel and crashed into a wall, police said. He was 83.

Newton, whose work appeared in magazines such as Playboy, Elle and Vogue, was best known for his stark, black-and-white nude photos of women.

Newton apparently lost control of his Cadillac while leaving the Hollywood hotel, said Officer April Harding, a police spokeswoman. It was unclear whether he became ill while driving.

People were on the sidewalk in front of the driveway, and the car brushed a photographer heading into the hotel before crashing into the wall.

Newton was taken by ambulance to Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, where he died a short time later, Harding said.

Newton is survived by his wife, June, who works under the name Alice Springs. She was also a favorite subject for the photographer. In one 1973 series of photos, she was portrayed as Hitler wearing a cropped mustache, with model Jerry Hall posing as Eva Braun. The Newtons had no children.
We mourn the loss of a great photographer...

thats so awful, I just read it and almost cried. He was such a great artist! :cry:

Brilliant man. I'm thumbing through a stack of photography books at this very moment. Here's a scan of what's next to me as I type this.

To Helmut.

oh my god :cry: how awful. i don't want to believe it..

Originally posted by Sugo@Jan 23rd, 2004 - 9:11 pm
He'll always live through his art
:cry:

this is the only thing that's consoling me

wow this is really sad news... :cry: his work was so amazing. i particularly liked how he portrayed shoes...

:cry: I am a fan of his work. :heart: I think they were amazing. Though he's gone, his work will stll be around.

i'm shocked and sadened by this news. this is the worst thing that has happened in years. seriously everything sucks now. and fashion will never be the same. magazine shoots are already looking like huge piles of sh*t , and this well; helmut was always the saving grace in the horriable magazines. and now none of it will ever be the same again.

i was at a newsstand earlier today, filping through a mag. thinking "ah clothes are shity, models ugly. who the f*ck put this together, it's complete utter crap." and then i turn the page and see a few helmut pics. and think" brillant, goreouse, genious. maybe i'll buy this mag. after all."

i feel as far as fashion in art (i.e. magazines, books, etc) i have nothing to look forward to any more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mirrormodel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->