Hemorrhoid Cream

Discussion in 'The Beauty Cupboard' started by desertrose05, Oct 17, 2004.

1. desertrose05

desertrose05 New Member

I have very dark and slightly puffy "bags" under my eyes. I've read that hemorrhoid cream works for them. It sounds kind of gross though... has anyone tried this?

2. faust

faust New Member

suzy_stiltz is back...

3. TheSoCalledPrep

TheSoCalledPrep New Member

It, according to many people, works for puffiness. Not darkness though, trust me... I was stupid enough to try.

4. desertrose05

desertrose05 New Member

Lol... thanks. It seemed kind of odd :ninja:

5. ELLE_ME

ELLE_ME New Member

As odd as it might seem it does work for puffy eyes. My theory is that the cream makes the small veins under the eye retract and provides circulation of the fluids stuck there.

It works if your problem is that fluid is stuck under your eye as a lack of circulation, BUT, there is a drawback however, and its not small..It also makes the skin under your eye thinner if you use it over time. So its not a good idea to do so...

but if the problem is due to sagging of your midface (happens when your older, gross huh?? :P )

the cheecks sag and forces the fatpads naturally located on the backside of your eye to come forward/downward and shows itself as bags under your eyes...if thats the case then this cream has no use whatsoever...only surgery

6. princess_tess

princess_tess New Member

:lol: :lol:

7. Mabli

Mabli New Member

Hemorroid cream has been used by celebrities for years-it takes down swelling and shrinks tissues (in those certain areas) as it does for puffy undereyes and droopy jowls. Marilyn Monroe used to smear her face with the stuff...

But I think it could stink like hell though! :wink:

8. Acid

Acid yes

isnt that dangerous?

9. PrinceOfCats

PrinceOfCats Naturellement pulpeuse

Nope, I imagine that hemorrhoid cream is used to stop excess blood-supply to the skin which is, I guess, what causes both hemorrhoids and black rings. If you think about it a black-ring is probably just an area with a lot of de-oxygenated blood near to the skin...

10. ELLE_ME

ELLE_ME New Member

She also had silicone injected directly in to her breats...Im glad the world has come a long way since that...I wouldnt recomend using it in your face, It thins out your skin if you use it on a regular basis as I said, just like hydrocortisone would do. But Its ok to try just to have done so.....mind you, its not a miracle cream, if you have bags under your eyes that are fatpads and not fluid, they will still be there after you use the cream, and its difficult to put on a decent makeup over it (its rather greasy, for obvius reasons :shock: :P :P