Hermès by Martin Margiela (1997-2003)

I promise I'll scan every last page of this book and add it to this thread.

51fci-MaKvL._SX390_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

(src: amazon.com)

^ lol join the club, there's this member who said he would scan his huge collection of Marie Claire Japan from the 80s/early 90s (which fyi, is a dream) in 2017... and I still visit the thread here and there like 'maybe today's the day when he's finally finished scanning and is ready to post'. :tearsofjoy::loudlycrying:

*just checked, that was 2016 lmao.. only 7 years ago, I'll keep waiting. :holdingbacktears:

I would never describe Hermes as opulent. MM was perfect for Hermes because the Hermes look is supposed to be no look. Youre not supposed to recognize it - its for people who know what theyre looking at.

Opulence to me has a suggestion that it is obviously expensive or designer - like Versace. Most Hermes stuff is not obviously expensive to the untrained eye.

particularly Hermes jewelry - its relatively unbranded especially compared to its peers like Tiffany or Cartier.

Last edited:
^ lol join the club, there's this member who said he would scan his huge collection of Marie Claire Japan from the 80s/early 90s (which fyi, is a dream) in 2017... and I still visit the thread here and there like 'maybe today's the day when he's finally finished scanning and is ready to post'. :tearsofjoy::loudlycrying:

*just checked, that was 2016 lmao.. only 7 years ago, I'll keep waiting. :holdingbacktears:

LOL

Haunting a forum for 7 years in hopes of getting those vintage Japanese rags' scans… Only Mullet would...! And scanning tear sheets to digital files, let alone entire issues, is tedious, hellish work that’s not different from flipping burgers. Believe you me, I did that scan/retouch/digital archive as part of a job when I started, and frankly, I’d have rather be working in construction.

LOL

Haunting a forum for 7 years in hopes of getting those vintage Japanese rags' scans… Only Mullet would...! And scanning tear sheets to digital files, let alone entire issues, is tedious, hellish work that’s not different from flipping burgers. Believe you me, I did that scan/retouch/digital archive as part of a job when I started, and frankly, I’d have rather be working in construction.
Maybe eugenius can shed some light on broken promises but I feel like Mao had a compelling plan after all the money he spent on shipping, he might be just.... delayed? it's only been 84 months. :lol:

There must be simpler ways of scanning things now :crossedfingers:. But yeah, I remember scanning old Ws back in the day and it was hell. My scans were so awful that the fact that they keep getting passed around on tumblr/pinterest stresses me out whenever I see them... these images deserved better. I should probably get a nice scanner and correct my wrongdoings but.. generosity is not my priority anymore, I won't be like 'PM me' (sorry Kasper lol), but I just don't want to trigger another 'what are you doing with your life?' crisis.

My apologies for previously posting the wrong season! Here's Margiela's first Hermes collection.
Hermes F/W 1998:

My archives

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NavidNoor
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->