Hermès F/W 12.13 Paris

The beginning of the collection, I really like the idea of the pieces but it looks poorly executed. As though it wants to be a good Hermes collection, but doesn't quite get there to where it should to be. Then it gets to to the mismatched prints and I'm really not liking what's going on there at all.

Enough with the ugly hats. What a boring and repetitive collection.

It's a bit of throwback to Margiela's Hermes, no? At least with the casting and a few of the pieces. I'm glad to see Lemaire bring things down to earth a bit. As much as I loved his first two collections they could come off as costumey. This collection is very real but unfortunately in some cases, a little too real! It's a bit of a bland collection. It has all of the simplicity and luxurious understatement of Margiela's Hermes but not its intellectual rigor and excitement.

A fine but uneventful collection, like most of them this season.

It's a bit of throwback to Margiela's Hermes, no? At least with the casting and a few of the pieces. I'm glad to see Lemaire bring things down to earth a bit. As much as I loved his first two collections they could come off as costumey. This collection is very real but unfortunately in some cases, a little too real! It's a bit of a bland collection. It has all of the simplicity and luxurious understatement of Margiela's Hermes but not its intellectual rigor and excitement.

A fine but uneventful collection, like most of them this season.

But actually, looking through it a couple of times its starting to grow on me. Something about the understatement that makes it interesting. I would want to see the video!

boring and repetitive ,maybe ,still a wearable collection

But actually, looking through it a couple of times its starting to grow on me. Something about the understatement that makes it interesting. I would want to see the video!

It is more of a MM silhouette than JPG's, which is why I like it better. However, I wish Lemaire would unleash himself a bit more, he is staying with safe territory. His own collection has been more bold with volumes. I'm glad he is finally delving into the Hermes fantastical archive of prints, something I didn't see much of in JPG, though I wonder why he didn't go with the "oriental" trend and pick those motifs from Hermes' past? There are some Byzantine motifs, yes, but not enough imagination. He has to step up the game or suffer Pilatti's fate. Still, I see some GREAT outerwear here (the wool coats, leathers and suedes) that would become Hermes classics.

Last edited by a moderator:
Accessories! (stylebistro)

Hermes+Fall+2012+Details+rTvK8hIJhYml.jpg
Hermes+Fall+2012+Details+gaqT6dl55MNl.jpg

Hermes+Fall+2012+Details+aX_szFOeM4xl.jpg
Hermes+Fall+2012+Details+5l5gvkl8o6vl.jpg

Hermes+Fall+2012+Details+tgR6PZOd82Rl.jpg
Hermes+Fall+2012+Details+0S3bEz93-cvl.jpg

Hermes+Fall+2012+Details+_P3vRbq5ZERl.jpg

this collection is definitely inspired by the gaucho from the Patagonia, especially the first half..

The reviews for the show have been amazing...

eh, at least the accessories are good.

I kinda fell asleep at moments ... and some pieces make me wonder why did they ever let go of Gaultier .. yes, I see some Margiela here which is def good ... but some pieces do not look expensive enough for their price tags

Eh it's not bad, but I feel there should be more emphasis on the accessories. The clothes are fine, but Hermes is focusing on the clothes for these shows way too much rather than the accessories. For Hermes the clothes are clearly secondary compared to the leathers, the silks, and the enamels. I'm aware of all of the books Hermes sends to frequent buyers to showcase new silks and such, but I feel that these shows are also a great platform.

They're pushing the Illico bag when it isn't all that popular. Gaultier could introduce new bags for women to crave like the Lindy (I believe) and Jypsiere. If Gaultier wasn't introducing new bags, he was reinventing classics like the Shadow Birkin or the JPG Birkin. Lemaire hasn't really brought anything new yet. If it's not the bags, it's the silks and bracelets. They had a few enamels, but nothing huge. The clothes may have been hints as to what silk patterns were coming out for scarves, but most patterns weren't all that great.

Does anyone know how much involvement Lemaire has with the silks, leather, and jewelry areas of Hermes?

Last edited by a moderator:
this collection is definitely inspired by the gaucho from the Patagonia, especially the first half..

Well, yeah, obviously that's a theme Hermes loves to revisit. Honestly it was the only thing that made this collection identifiable to me as being Hermes. I definitely missed the signature camel chunk of clothing. They really lost their spark this season.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->