Valentino Haute Couture F/W 12.13

can anyone tell me what kind of blue are they using for the gowns...???? like sapphire blue??? I dont think this is navy blue... midnight blue???

I'm loving this new direction they've taken with this collection. The color palette is so rich an desirable, it just draws you in. A standout piece is that navy blue lace dress on Bette Franke, it's so fantastical and beautiful. :heart: The negatives are those horrid sequin/fur leopard dresses, they are literally some of the ugliest thing's I've ever seen and some of the jackets and pantsuits are verging on old lady territory. The short length is such a good look on some of those pieces.

Well even when everybody was bashing these two designers for taking Valentino in the wrong direction, I have ALWAYS loved their work and this recent collection is no exception! I always find a Valentino show somewhat moving, maybe because of the mood of the models, or the music, but the element of the beautiful clothing is a big factor. The way the back of the capes and the dresses moved and the finale blue dress really took my breath away! And as people always say in the Elie Saab thread, Valentino may seem repetitive, but it does not bother me as i am always captivated by what they do :smile:

Piccoli and Chiuri have a fantastic embroidery/textile designer to thank for a collection full of gorgeous pieces like this, though I am surprised to see some thought going into cut as well in this collection, as seen here, as that aspect is usually absent from Valentino by this pair.
But the opening looks are just such trademark designs from this duo, that awkward sort of chunky a-symmetry.. their inelegant signature runs all through this collection, with silk taffeta skirts that don't want to move with the body, and a finale dress which is essentially the basic block with a trailing skirt.. finally discovering the kimono sleeve and a sweet neckline do not make Piccoli and Chiuri worthy of a couture membership, in my opinion.
Due to their lack of experimentation or innovation and their ability to cover every surface in print and embellishment to distract from this fact, their clothing is always wearable and often adorable, two features that a lot of women (and a lot of rich women) will want to own and wear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
duckyjeanjo
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->