Hermès S/S 2008 : Lakshmi Menon by Thierry Le Goues

beautiful colour,but i think maybe somebody saw the same idea with another classical work long times ago.

Beautiful! Lakshmi is gorgeous. I would love to see more of her. I love the concept. The ad looks so rich and eye-catching. Very exciting campaign. :heart:

These just keep getting better and better. Love them so much! Can't wait to see the male portion of the campaign as well, sounds very interesting.

I'm glad somebody post it, I saw it last week but I didn't have time to post it.
Here the full ad. You can also watch the making-of at www.orangehermesetroseindien.com

ORANGE HERMÈS ET ROSE INDIEN.

source:Madame Figaro.

i find it strange that they used a white male model......hm..... there's enough pretty indian males!

and the thought of that elephant trashing around a 6k Hermes bag on a see of orange and red rose petals just breaks my heart XD

I'm going to jump into the firepit and say I don't love the first ad, of the elephants and Lakshmi. The other ads from this campaign are magnificent, but since white is a funerary color in India and parts of Asia, I think it's kind of a faux pas on H's part. *ducks before she gets beaten up*

I also think that you lose her all-white outfit in the ad, especially with the sky backdrop; she has the appearance of a floating head, her shoulders disappearing into the sky. I work in the business and I probably would have gone in a different direction-- simply because this ad doesn't make me, an avid H fanatic, want to go buy anything. The ad with the painted elephant and the model's painted hands, where she's wearing the Indian Dust scarf-- now THAT makes me want to buy it, kwim? The ads with the elephants holding bags with their trunks, as well as the one with the horse and elepant, are also spot-on, IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:

all credits to darkplanneur.com

My lord, those elephants are beautiful. Gorgeous ads, although I would have used slightly more actual merchandise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->