Hermès S/S 2008 : Lakshmi Menon by Thierry Le Goues

i like this season of ads, the elephants are really beautiful!

As much I like these ads, does anyone else feel slightly uncomfrotable looking at elephants wearing handbags and fitting shoes? I mean they are beautiful animals, I love the fact that that they are painted in Indian tradition and therefore I love them as a part of the ad, but it's kinda exploitative to make them hold bags and shoes. Kinda gimmicky as well? Has PETA called yet?

explotative... ain't that a bit excessive? it might be explotative using animals for a campaign, but I don't think that holding bags makes it worse (unless they filled them on purpose with heavy things)...

I really like the paintings on the elephants and the contrast with the skin colour, they're the best thing of the ads. The colours on the ground are beautiful too. And personally I love the idea of substituting people with elephants. I especially like the ones where they are using the accessories like 1,2 and 6 of the last set.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree, the word exploitative is perhaps a bit too heavy, but still...

i think those pics are gorgeous....

it's really... romantic looking, in a way. and the elephants look so cute and like they're having fun... maybe it's just me and my optimistic POV :lol:

i think its just as exploitative as the animals used in circus, animal food ads and sometimes even at zoo where they have animals dooing funny stuff to the people in there...

I love the one where lakshmi has her hands covered in the coloured powder...it brought back good memories of Holi.
I also completely in love with the one where she has her forehead pressed to the elephants it is kind of serene.

love the colours in this campaign.

finally the thread is made. ive been waittin for so long for the hermes new ads n i saw em in vanity fair n omgg I LOVE EM! love the colors

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vejjehejrh
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->