Hermès S/S 2025 Paris

I usually don’t really mind casting. But all the girls look unlovable and angry in overdesigned garments. They all wanna talk to the manager

I thought this is what… Ferragamo or BV should be… not Hermes

It’s a bit too much skin for my likings (in terms of Hermes), and the shapes and concepts are a bit dated too…? Too much bare waist situation going on here too… is Hermes trying to catch up with Miu Miu or something? I have soooooo many questions

One thing really bugs me: In motion, the heavy metal zip components dangling on the super light shear dresses and pants would slap, tear, and slam against the wearer’s skin with each movement. It looks soo uncomfortable. What a design failure. If Hermès’ lofty goal is to produce well-made objects, they really failed here.

It’s a shame, there is zero financial pressure for RTW to perform at a house like Hermes, they are just altar sacrifices towards the quota bags. In theory, the Hermes RTW should have a lot more artistic creativity and pov than this.

The clothes are repetitive. Could have edited down 30% of the looks. One of the less interesting Hermes RTW collections.

This is absolutely sufficient for Hermes. It's the quiet conservative high-quality luxury that its clientele is looking for.

Hermes is the LAST fashion house that needs to be 'fashion-forward'. The brand is already so mature and so well SET, it already has a reliable surefire formula - both commercially and creatively.

Well, the JPG Shoulder Birkin is back.

Didn't like the, what appeared to be, Nylon Birkins. How they were modeled folded up.
Hermès works to stay relevant, but there's always something slightly off for me.
It always feels like an elder person reinterpreting what they think young people would wear for the clothes.

Frankly, Hermes womenswear doesn’t deserve a show. I understand their need to showcase the latest iterations of their old bags, but those shows don’t help at all, neither the clothes nor the bags.
They should just held private trunks shows.
Menswear is fine though.

i used to like hermes collections but now that max mara and tods are there... they need to step up.

only one word for those colors, BLEH. It's like one person on the design team thought they were going for a neutral beige moment a-lá Max Mara, and another person thought they were doing ugly chic, i.e. trying to recreate a "Prada chartreuse" moment, and the resulting combination of the two ideas is this monstrosity.

both hermes womens and mens show collections are at their best mostly in real life at store level - client level it's not a runway friendly house.

saying this Nadege loves to overdesigh and make the items be so controlled, but the block colors work because hermes is king in colors and that's how they build each season with color focus for the runway collection as opposed to the commercial rollout of all the other items etc that follow a story with a wider explosion of colors new and old ones coming back.

you recomize the runway each season as on top of the commercial rtw its kind of to set it apart as top of the pyramid via distinct color pallet etc. Love it or it its interesting how they build the perception and tiers with in the hermes world.

rtw is growing its working better now so makes sense they keep the formula for a while, hermes slow approach paid of for many years, its part of their brand like Patek you want it you have to wait for it to be made & available, including progress in design.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryJC
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->