Hillary Duff's Bitchfight with Faye Dunaway

lucy92

Mod Squad Team Leader
Staff member
Reaction score
Hillary Duff has been cast in a remake of the movie "bonnie and clyde". the movie originally starred academy award winning acress faye dunaway.

(hillary duff once emulated her in an editorial in allure magazine)

last week dunaway apparently said:

"Couldn't they at least cast a real actress?" Faye Dunaway on the casting of Hilary Duff in the remake of Bonnie & Clyde [Sun-Times]

now...

Hilary has retaliated, telling E!, “I think that my fans that are going to go see the movie don’t even know who she is, so you know…. I think it was a little unnecessary but I might be mad if I looked like that now too.

pics from nypost.com

i think faye dunaway looks great! i also think duff should be ashamed of herself.

Attachments

• faye1.jpg
    faye1.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 3
  • faye2.jpg
    faye2.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 4
Well Dunaway is an old woman. She should've shown some class and refrained from the insults.

^Totally what competition does she have from Hilary anyway? It doesn't come across well from a Woman Faye's age, I would have expected her to be more diginified or at least less needlessly catty. She should be encouraging Hilary. Then again Hilary should also have more respect for her elders.

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought about Hilary needing to respect her elders. I guess she would be taking a high road if she didn't say anything at all. But at the same time, I can't really blame her for saying it either. I mean, she was probably asked about it (maybe not the first time). And besides, if Faye didn't act her age, she shouldn't be respected for it.

The old school actresses have no filter, that's what made them so great. They all openly hated each other, nowadays they all hide it for PR reasons. They all want to be sweet and perfect and accessible.

Faye rocks; Chinatown, Eyes of Laura Mars and Network are amazing!

I have to agree and don't see why Faye has to pretend she's pleased with the casting choice plus it doesn't have anything to do with the person being competition. It's just that she obviously wants someone who seems like a good enough choice and I can't help but question this casting choice myself. Her comment isn't even that bad. Hilary's is worse.

faye dunaway is an older lady who IMO has the right to question Duffs qualifications BUT
i am sure she'll do just fine
Duff just shouldnt be so disrespectful. faye is GORGEOUS/

The old school actresses have no filter, that's what made them so great. They all openly hated each other, nowadays they all hide it for PR reasons. They all want to be sweet and perfect and accessible.

Faye rocks; Chinatown, Eyes of Laura Mars and Network are amazing!

:clap:

I put my money on Faye Dunaway - it's a squash. :boxer:

What Duff said is just another proof that she needs to grow up.Absolutley no need to diss someone because of their age, ridicilous!!

What Faye said wasnt a head on inslut like hers, she dosent appreciate her as an actress, so what, she aint the only one!And that bit that none of her fans know who Faye Dunaway is just shows how ingorant they are according to Duff.

When Hilary Duff has one cult movie, not several like Dunaway, then we will tallk.

ps:Cant stand Dunaway as a person either, she is an infamous b*tch, but in this case im on her side.

excusee,criticising her acting abilities hardly sounds juvenile. if she had called her names perhaps so but all she was doing questioning her ability(or lack there of)to reprise such an iconic story and character. and if anyone is juvenile it's hilary for remarking on her maturity. at least faye knows how to act.

and good on faye. i don't think anyone could ever equal or better faye's portrayal whatsoever.

Last edited by a moderator:
maybe they'll put a cool spin on it. I'll wait to see the final product before passing judgement on it.and i agree duff isn't the best actress. but what does Faye care about duff? Faye has lived and been there done that she shouldn't waste her time on duff. i did like the pics of her dressed as bonnie. but that doesnt mean she should be in the movie. i think the real point is that Hollywood doesnt have any new ideas and re-hashing old movies is i guess the new thing now. there was talk about doing a butch cassidy and sundance kid remake.

excusee,criticising her acting abilities hardly sounds juvenile. if she had called her names perhaps so but all she was doing questioning her ability(or lack there of)to reprise such an iconic story and character. and if anyone is juvenile it's hilary for remarking on her maturity. at least faye knows how to act.

and good on faye. i don't think anyone could ever equal or better faye's portrayal whatsoever.

Yeah, but it's not like Fay was that much of an actress before she did Bonnie and Clyde. According to imdb, she made two other movies prior, both of which have a rating of 5+, and I don't even know how big a role Faye had in each of those. The point is that every actress needs that big "break" and who knows maybe this will be it for Hilary. What has Charlize Theron done before Monster? Hilary Swank before Boys Don't Cry?

Put yourself in Hilary's shoes. You're a young actress trying to make it in Hollywood. You've been cast in a big movie, only to be called "not a real actress" by an iconic actress who played the role before. That's gotta hurt. Yeah, she could've just ignored it and taken the high road, but she didn't. And to only blame her for what she said is not fair when Faye was the one who started 'it'.

The fact that Hilary responded is human and perfectly understandable and all, but what she said in her actual response is so...immature and high school-ish. Grow up, hunny!

Hilary Duff will never come close to the acting chops or the beauty that Faye Dunaway had in her prime. I completely agree with Faye on this. Why would they choose a tweeny actress/singer and a bad one at that? And those of you saying faye should have been a bit easier on her? please. Hilary Duff is a grown woman. For her to insult another woman's looks is off base. But people nowadays seem to do that more easily and readily. Get some class Hilary Duff

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prettyboutique
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->